Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Spygate

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in Tassie! :thumbup: what part are you from?

I think the best one was when the Aussie rugby union bugged the All Blacks hotel rooms, didn't help them they still got hammered.

Like i said before it happens in all sports around the world and until there is a rule it will keep happening. Its a non-story, move on and Stoke next.

If the FA do anything it will open up a heap of trouble and they are too stupid for that ain't they :silent:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Welcome in Tassie! :thumbup: what part are you from?

I think the best one was when the Aussie rugby union bugged the All Blacks hotel rooms, didn't help them they still got hammered.

Like i said before it happens in all sports around the world and until there is a rule it will keep happening. Its a non-story, move on and Stoke next.

If the FA do anything it will open up a heap of trouble and they are too stupid for that ain't they :silent:
This is a non-story - talk about mountains & molehills - if the shoe was on the other foot this would not even have merited a mention - We are Leeds & proud of it - Bielsa is a genius & come May we will be in the Premier league as Champions - cannot see any scenario where we will not be promoted,
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Bored now!

Last few words from me about this.

This is a mountain out of a molehill and there is only one person who is to blame and who is completely at fault.

Step forward Frank Lampard for getting himself into such a lather over a trivial event. :clap: :crazy:

This is the first of two prizes you will win this season Frankie Boy.

The other other one will be stupid pr*t of the year. :wave:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Jemsym
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Jemsym »

Good perspective here from this ESPN web page:

http://www.espn.com.au/soccer/english-l ... ish-teacup

the article ends with:
"...... if spying on the opposition might be seen as a typical South America ruse, there are few things more characteristically English than moralistic media outrage." Too true :clap:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Bored now!

This is a mountain out of a molehill and there is only one person who is to blame and who is completely at fault.

Step forward Frank Lampard for getting himself into such a lather over a trivial event. :clap: :crazy:

Couldn't agree more!

I read that Mourinho did this whilst at Chelsea when Lampard was there. Wonder how much he protested then?
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Frankie wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:Bored now!

Couldn't agree more!

I read that Mourinho did this whilst at Chelsea when Lampard was there. Wonder how much he protested then?
In Guardian apparently? Rigger to confirm maybe?
Also in Telegraph about Fat Frank pissed up abusing Yanks soon after 9/11 at Heathrow hotel fined 2 weeks wages which were donated to US victims fund. Disgusting behaviour!!
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Jemsym wrote:Good perspective here from this ESPN web page:

http://www.espn.com.au/soccer/english-l ... ish-teacup

the article ends with:
"...... if spying on the opposition might be seen as a typical South America ruse, there are few things more characteristically English than moralistic media outrage." Too true :clap:
Here's another quote from this piece:
"Bielsa accepted afterward that he has a responsibility to adapt to the norms of the country in which he is now working."

This is what I find annoying about the whole thing.... and it was started by Lampard when he said something along the lines of "I don't buy this different culture excuse".

There's a little bit of the 'dirty cheating foreigner' undercurrent going on. The way people like Collymore and Andrews are going on you'd be forgiven for thinking that England occupies the moral high ground where everything is whiter than white....

Our own Howard Wilkinson, who went on to work for the FA and was also the head of the League Managers' Association was also not averse to methods that woman-beater Collymore might not have approved of and Wilkinson is as English as they come.

In Dave Simpson's book The Last Champions about Leeds 1992 League success, Carl Shutt and Assistant Manager Mick Hennigan separately revealed that Wilko / Hennigan developed good relationships with the hotel managers in both Sheffield (when they were at Wednesday) and Leeds.

They used these relationships to get room lists of opposing teams when they were staying at these hotels in order to see who hadn't travelled (and was therefore injured).

If the opposing team was also careless enough to leave their flip charts detailing formations / free kick / corner notes on the A frame clipboards in hotel conference rooms, the manager would pass on these precious tools as well.

The book also details how the home dressing room had a connecting door to the laundry room which was adjacent to the away dressing room, so they were able to listen to team talks through the wall.

Now I know this is mostly Leeds related, but if Wilko was doing it, I'm sure the likes of Venables, Ferguson, Clough, Shankly and all the rest were at it too, so for me, there's quite a lot of hypocrisy going on here.

Football has always been a sport where you try to get away with what you can.... e.g., whenever there's a 50:50 situation such as an unclear throw-in, both players appeal yet one usually knows that he touched it last...

Let's not forget that Bielsa has never criticised a referee or an opposing manager unlike 99% of mangers here... Should Bielsa "adapt to those norms" too???
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

I want this as a T-shirt!!!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The funny part of it all for me is the fact the spy got caught so MB didn't get his inside information and we still totally outclassed them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.