Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Spygate

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Selby White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:What on earth can they be discussing or researching? Just another example of the ridiculous state of the game's authorities..meanwhile Dwight Gayle does a triple salchow with pike to win a penalty and a point for West Brom and he'll see no punishment whatsoever!
Bit of a turn up but they have banned Gayle for two matches, like you didn't think they would do anything. :shock:
It was the FA not the FL that banned Gayle as the FA appoint all the Referees to every game at all levels.

This has been a bug of mine for years not just since i came down to watch Leeds but back in Scotland the amount of fans that didnt know that the SFA and FA are in charge of the Refs.

Am not sticking up for the FL but they have no jurisdiction over the Refs.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

dlw10 wrote:What on earth can they be discussing or researching? Just another example of the ridiculous state of the game's authorities..meanwhile Dwight Gayle does a triple salchow with pike to win a penalty and a point for West Brom and he'll see no punishment whatsoever!
Angus Kinnear believes Leeds won't be punished, but the delay is most likely discussing a change in the rules for future occasions
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Bit of a turn up but they have banned Gayle for two matches, like you didn't think they would do anything. :shock:
It was the FA not the FL that banned Gayle as the FA appoint all the Referees to every game at all levels.

This has been a bug of mine for years not just since i came down to watch Leeds but back in Scotland the amount of fans that didnt know that the SFA and FA are in charge of the Refs.

Am not sticking up for the FL but they have no jurisdiction over the Refs.
Nobody mentioned whether FA or FL, the words used were "games authorities".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

In the overall scheme of things where does blatant cheating, as in the case of Dwight Gayle, fit in with the this (real or imagined?) Clubs charter that all clubs are signed up to?

Rightly or wrongly Leeds United rushed out to apologise for what happened in the Derby County saga. Have we heard a peep at all from West Bromwich Albion?
Keep The Faith / WAL
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

PhoenixUnited wrote:In the overall scheme of things where does blatant cheating, as in the case of Dwight Gayle, fit in with the this (real or imagined?) Clubs charter that all clubs are signed up to?

Rightly or wrongly Leeds United rushed out to apologise for what happened in the Derby County saga. Have we heard a peep at all from West Bromwich Albion?
Their management said something along the lines that it was done in the heat of the moment with emotions running high.

EDIT: I've just found the BBC page on it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47259671

"We're disappointed. All I'm after is some consistency," Moore told BBC WM.
"In the context of the game, given the speed of the pass, the emotions and the timing of it, if we take all of that into consideration, when you play it back 12 hours later you're not going to get any of that.
"The video won't give you that. They'll isolate the incident, with no voice on it - just replay, replay, replay and it will channel the incident one way.
"They will not have seen the angle I had or the professional people on the pitch who understand the speed of the game."

Moore's main concern is the way Gayle's case has been treated in such isolation, when other similar-looking incidents have gone unpunished.
"Since the ruling came in, if you tell me there's only been two instances I'd say you're mistaken," Moore. "I reckon there have been lots of incidents.
"There'll probably be an incident this weekend as the game is played at such a tempo, with such energy and emotion.
"Incidents happen. We've had games in which players of ours could have come off seriously injured, when the experts could have looked back at the video evidence.
"We've never cried about that. We've just got on with it. And we stand by Dwight with this."

In other words "Wah wah wah wah wah it's not fair :( "
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Absolute joke, the football league is corrupt :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Totally agree NW.

Expected a minimal amount and a slap on the wrist.

Racist and homophobic abuse carries a lesser amount.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Shaun Harveys parting shot :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Utterly ridiculous state of affairs.

Seriously hacked off with football the way it is.

I can't help thinking that in the next five years we're going to return to the dark days, hooliganism on the rise already and racism rearing it's ugly public head again.

Sick of the authorities - what's their beef anyway ? Why always us ??