Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Spygate

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Given that any member of Joe Public can go to any training ground in the land and watch any tram train I fail to see what Bielsa did wrong by sending a scout to warch Derby train.

The only thing he maybe did wrong was to send the coach wearing a LUFC jacket, next time make sure he doesnt wear any LUFC attire.

Interesting to see the above from america with two scottish internationalist having their say.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Spygate

Post by West beach white »

And any manager or staff can watch any team playing a game , I can’t really see too much difference

Great win today too :clap: :clap: :clap:
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

I tuned in late and when i heard the commentator mention Leeds spying on Derby, i thought that we'd been caught with cameras or something in the away rooms.
A bloke watching from public land is nothing. If they have an issue with it then put up a wall.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Whilst I don't think it I is particularly savoury, it is not illegal. I don't think we would like it if others did it to us though.

What irritates me more is the fact that others will go on about players who go down in the area to win a penalty at the slightest touch, or leave a trailing leg to achieve the same end, or pull an opponent to the ground whilst defending a corner, or roll around on the floor when they have barely been touched to get an opponent booked or sent off - that is far more blatant cheating to gain an advantage but managers and pundits endorse this as a 'fair' tactic, which in my eyes is wholly hypocritical.

If we get a fine or point deduction it will confirm for me that the league is a biased against Leeds, something I have never truly believed.

If it is criticised as unsportsmanlike like behaviour, like all the above examples, and let go, then I have no problem with that. I don't think we should revel in it though, it's not something to be particularly proud of.

I'd rather he hadn't done it if I'm honest, and I think Lampard has a fair point - to his credit he didn't blame the defeat on it and acknowledged that Leeds fully deserved their victory. Frankly, (no pun intended) I think he's a decent bloke.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

phil62 wrote:Whilst I don't think it I is particularly savoury, it is not illegal. I don't think we would like it if others did it to us though.

What irritates me more is the fact that others will go on about players who go down in the area to win a penalty at the slightest touch, or leave a trailing leg to achieve the same end, or pull an opponent to the ground whilst defending a corner, or roll around on the floor when they have barely been touched to get an opponent booked or sent off - that is far more blatant cheating to gain an advantage but managers and pundits endorse this as a 'fair' tactic, which in my eyes is wholly hypocritical.

If we get a fine or point deduction it will confirm for me that the league is a biased against Leeds, something I have never truly believed.

If it is criticised as unsportsmanlike like behaviour, like all the above examples, and let go, then I have no problem with that. I don't think we should revel in it though, it's not something to be particularly proud of.

I'd rather he hadn't done it if I'm honest, and I think Lampard has a fair point - to his credit he didn't blame the defeat on it and acknowledged that Leeds fully deserved their victory. Frankly, (no pun intended) I think he's a decent bloke.
Mate of mine gets hacked off when he sees a blatant foul in significant area of the pitch excused as 'Taking one for the team' etc - it's blatant cheating, it's not heroic.

I too think Lampard's got enough problems without being made the villain by us - I think he's said too much about it all but I'm the same as you, I'd rather we hadn't done it. There is so much hypocrisy at play too, how many times do you see when matches are on TV, in the stands, opposing coaches and managers (who you recognise) and there will be loads we don't see or recognise? They're not there for the day out, they're there either scouting players or, more likely, gauging the team's tactics, style, performance, strengths/weaknesses etc.

And how spying on training deserves points deductions 'for cheating' is not only ridiculous but also greatly ironic too.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Complete joke all of this.

If it was another manager other that Lampard it would have been buried by now. Of course Rednapp & Venables were icons of purity whilst Revie was castigated as a traitor and crook.

The London bias press just have their own agenda. The same scum that vilified Liverpool fans at Hillsborough.

Man City and Chelsea blatantly flout finance rules (something they have both been found guilty of) to ensure that there is no level playing field. That nice little club Bournemouth completely fiddle the books to gain promotion oh and QPR are found guilty of the biggest FFP fiddle and are barely reported on or punished.

Hardly any mention on these 'media outlets' that the team that creates the most chances in the division has won just 1 penalty in 65 games.

You can bet that BPF will be banned despite the ref looking directly at that incident. Same as Pontus being banned for saying something (first time it has happened). Bryson with at least 3 bookable challenges gets no card and Waghorn with a leg breaking deliberate challenge fails to get sent off but lets not dwell on that shall we.

We need to use this to fuel us because the press and FL will be delighted if it helps derail our season.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The london media will always make more of a story than it is, when in reality all this taking it seriously is just a joke

rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Nic wrote:The london media will always make more of a story than it is, when in reality all this taking it seriously is just a joke

Agreed.

This should just be put to bed now, Lampard will be crying about something else next week. That is what happens when you are not used to losing!