Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Spygate

Post by Nic »

Or "we'll drag this out for as long as possible as its effecting their game and timely announcements before kick off is working a treat"
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'm with Pulis on this one. To quote the Smiths "what difference does it make" were not robots just yet. I'm no mathematician but the probability of someone with a pair of binoculars checking if a particular player is fit, and that effecting the outcome of 11 v 11 men on a football field, must be very minuscule? Is it wrong to suggest that if this were about Millwall it would have been under the carpet by now?

We announce our team sheet 2 days before the game. How much preparation do the other side want? :silent:
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Davycc wrote:Of course on a Friday before an early kick off,couldn't hold it at the start off the week or on Monday
It gives a talking point for the sky pundits tomorrow. An opportunity for the detractors to prolong the nonsense.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

birkybullufc wrote:
Davycc wrote:Of course on a Friday before an early kick off,couldn't hold it at the start off the week or on Monday
It gives a talking point for the sky pundits tomorrow. An opportunity for the detractors to prolong the nonsense.
A kangaroo court will never let cold hard facts get in the way of a hanging. :shifty: Or they need to sort out their derriere from their elbow before making their announcement?

I am just hoping that they made up their minds that there is no case to answer ages ago and actually it is just a question around a matter of opinion but they are stringing it out to make it look like a tough and long thought through decision :geek:
Keep The Faith / WAL
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

While Leeds get set for a further delay in the ongoing ‘spygate’ case, The Times have reported some additional details regarding the EFL’s investigation.

The mysterious figure at the centre of the “Spygate” scandal — a 20-year-old intern brought to Leeds United by Marcelo Bielsa, the manager — was spending 24 hours before matches conducting undercover reconnaissance in the towns and cities of the club’s forthcoming opponents before being caught outside the Derby County training ground last month. Rather than simply spying on opponents, this remarkable scouting operation represented an attempt to get under the skin of every aspect of Leeds’ Championship rivals, which, in their submissions to the EFL, the club attribute to youthful enthusiasm. Throughout the season the Leeds intern has spent time around every Championship club from Swansea City to Middlesbrough, talking to fans, drinking in pubs and consuming local media to gain an insight into how the opposition fans would react during matches, as well as attempting to observe training.

The report also again dismisses Frank Lampard’s claim that the scout had bolt cutters on him when he was stopped by police, saying he had secateurs in his car.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

It really gets me that they can spend so much time on this when Nelson Oliviera has a facial disfigurement after a clear stamp from Tyrone Mings and they dismiss the incident as the referee saw the incident, he has previous as well on Ibrahimovic.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

LAsouthcoast wrote:It really gets me that they can spend so much time on this when Nelson Oliviera has a facial disfigurement after a clear stamp from Tyrone Mings and they dismiss the incident as the referee saw the incident, he has previous as well on Ibrahimovic.
Its up to the FA not the FL to charge Mings as the Refs are all FA appointed and the FA will hand out any due punishment
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:It really gets me that they can spend so much time on this when Nelson Oliviera has a facial disfigurement after a clear stamp from Tyrone Mings and they dismiss the incident as the referee saw the incident, he has previous as well on Ibrahimovic.
Its up to the FA not the FL to charge Mings as the Refs are all FA appointed and the FA will hand out any due punishment
I didn`t realise that SL, thanks for putting me straight, it just made me angry seeing how bad his injuries were, also, I wonder how this would have been reported if that was Pontus or Coops who had done it.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
I didn`t realise that SL, thanks for putting me straight, it just made me angry seeing how bad his injuries were, also, I wonder how this would have been reported if that was Pontus or Coops who had done it.
Cooper got a 5 game ban last season if i remember right for stamping on someone.

So yes one rule for some and one rule for others.
Deleted User 2066

Breaking the Code

Post by Deleted User 2066 »

It seems to me that the EFL has many decisions to make when football clubs break the rules. Recently Leeds were found out for sending a representative to watch Derby train.
Although this can be deemed as breaking the football clubs charter what real harm has been done. A scout that goes to watch a player is actually getting information on player with a view to buy and report back to the club with the results. The scout is not known to the club or player, so in effect he is spying. My point is the EFL can not really do anything about any club gaining information or it will open the doors to multiple fines for other clubs doing exactly the same thing. If we then look at Southampton using the tragic death of a Cardiff city player so fans can chant remarks, is so far up the scale it puts Leeds United information gathering exercise into the shade. They are not the same I know but the club is responsible for the fans and their actions. If the EFL do decide to punish Leeds it will set a benchmark for conduct and other clubs will suffer as a result.

(Topic merged with the existing thread on the subject - Rigger)