Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Spygate

Post by Sniffer »

Playing Devil's Advocate I'm not too worried about that. £200,000 would have paid for Pat Bamford's little toe, it includes any costs that the EFL has incurred and there's no points deduction. I would rather we were let off scot-free but, because of the stink kicked up by the media and the dozen or so clubs that lodged their (cowardly) complaint, they had to be seen to be doing something. Now we can move on and storm the top spot.
MOT :thumbup: :D
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Sniffer wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate I'm not too worried about that. £200,000 would have paid for Pat Bamford's little toe, it includes any costs that the EFL has incurred and there's no points deduction. I would rather we were let off scot-free but, because of the stink kicked up by the media and the dozen or so clubs that lodged their (cowardly) complaint, they had to be seen to be doing something. Now we can move on and storm the top spot.
MOT :thumbup: :D
same here :thumbup:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

All over, move on.

Club will be delighted imo. Regardless of whether we agree or not, they admitted breach of Regulation 3.4 (utmost good faith etc) and so anticipated that a (relatively) small fine was coming which would end the matter, rather than have it rumble on all season.

Yes, we could probably have beaten it in court, but the club would much prefer it didn't have to go through that in our Centenary year when promotion is so close.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

£200 if it was £100 a goal v Derby and 3pts...money well spent. Forget it and lets move on.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Junk but at it's finally done with.
Gain promotion and £200k is loose change!
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The FA have also had their say tonight:-

A spokesman for The FA said: “The FA worked closely with the EFL during the investigation into Leeds United FC observing opponent training sessions and The FA notes the league’s decision to charge Leeds for a breach of its Competition Rules.

“The FA has, on this occasion, decided to conclude this matter by issuing formal warnings against Leeds United FC, Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa and a club video analyst.

“Notwithstanding The FA’s decision on this occasion, The FA will take appropriate action should further evidence of this nature come to light in the future.

“The FA would like to remind all participants, including clubs and club employees (and agents) that action can be brought against any participant if their conduct fails to act in the best interest of the game or otherwise brings the game into disrepute, pursuant to FA Rule E3(1).”
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

Absolute joke, the football league is corrupt :twisted:
Shaun Harveys parting shot :crazy:
Shaun Harvey's leaving bonus payment.
I once played against Don Revie.
maltrain
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by maltrain »

I'm pretty sure Marcelo Bielsa will pay the fine (or at least will ask for it to the board)...
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

maltrain wrote:I'm pretty sure Marcelo Bielsa will pay the fine (or at least will ask for it to the board)...
That wouldn't surprise me at all. :)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Glad its finally over, i'm sure Harvey and his cronies will be happy to have us out of pocket but no points lost was the main thing. Now to gain promotion then once the season is over we can give the FL a one fingered salute and wave goodbye to them all!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.