Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Spygate

Post by MOT1964 »

ilkley62 wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate I'm not too worried about that. £200,000 would have paid for Pat Bamford's little toe, it includes any costs that the EFL has incurred and there's no points deduction. I would rather we were let off scot-free but, because of the stink kicked up by the media and the dozen or so clubs that lodged their (cowardly) complaint, they had to be seen to be doing something. Now we can move on and storm the top spot.
MOT :thumbup: :D
same here :thumbup:
Here too :thumbup:

Time to concentrate on the football
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:The FA have also had their say tonight:-

A spokesman for The FA said: “The FA worked closely with the EFL during the investigation into Leeds United FC observing opponent training sessions and The FA notes the league’s decision to charge Leeds for a breach of its Competition Rules.

“The FA has, on this occasion, decided to conclude this matter by issuing formal warnings against Leeds United FC, Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa and a club video analyst.

“Notwithstanding The FA’s decision on this occasion, The FA will take appropriate action should further evidence of this nature come to light in the future.

“The FA would like to remind all participants, including clubs and club employees (and agents) that action can be brought against any participant if their conduct fails to act in the best interest of the game or otherwise brings the game into disrepute, pursuant to FA Rule E3(1).”
unless it’s Millwall who you can continue to get away with anything
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Glad this whole mess is finally over.

Sean Harvey was apart of our club for a few years under Bates and he knows the passion of our club and the drive within to succeed. He has since moved into the political wing of football and turned his every attention to showing his true colors about us.

I always had a belief that Bates only real interest in taking over our club was to strip us down to nothing and dissolve the club because he was a Cheslski man and with Harvey at his side at the time they made a damn good job of it. I often think about this that GFH, Cellino and not even Radz saved our club over the past 15 years, but its you the fans of the club that saved us. Its not even about the money fans spent each week going to games or spending on the merchandise etc. It was the voices on the terraces, the marches and the other revolts we had to put pressure on these corrupt people who had nothing but disrespect for the Leeds United institution.

I have no hatred towards any of them personally speaking but i am too long in the tooth and wise enough to read between the lines of people and their behavioral patterns. We are a threat to the proverbial Normal life. They view us as a second rate club and want to keep us there.... In fact up until the mid sixties that would have been the case until the Don changed the whole set up of the club with revolutionary and a visionary forward plan. We succeeded beyond our's and others expectations. We created a fan-base that rivaled the London clubs and other clubs in England. We took on the best in Europe and became the top club in Europe on the 11th of May 1969 ahead of AC Milan, Real Madrid, and many of the so called Normally acquainted top sides and more so of the English sides. We were hated by many of them but also very much revered too.

THE FANS ARE THE TRUE WEALTH OF OUR CLUB. To you i say thank you for keeping this club in my heart for so many years. I long to be at the top of the pile again so that i can someday stick my two fingers up at the FA and all the haters of our club.

MOT
Nic

Post by Nic »

I too am glad it is now over and £200K is probably the lowest they could go to save face. I suppose we won't know whether Harvey went because he wanted a harsher punishment, and the rest of the board disagreed, but it's now onwards and upwards. Coming out on Monday means we have most of the week for that to subside and everyone concentrate on the 3 games in 7 days we have ahead.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:I too am glad it is now over and £200K is probably the lowest they could go to save face. I suppose we won't know whether Harvey went because he wanted a harsher punishment, and the rest of the board disagreed, but it's now onwards and upwards. Coming out on Monday means we have most of the week for that to subside and everyone concentrate on the 3 games in 7 days we have ahead.
Think Harvey went because of the stupid TV deal he signed.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 5081

Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:I too am glad it is now over and £200K is probably the lowest they could go to save face. I suppose we won't know whether Harvey went because he wanted a harsher punishment, and the rest of the board disagreed, but it's now onwards and upwards. Coming out on Monday means we have most of the week for that to subside and everyone concentrate on the 3 games in 7 days we have ahead.
Think Harvey went because of the stupid TV deal he signed.
He was definitely on borrowed time after that TV deal with Sky and how the clubs were not invited to have any input into the final outcome of the deal. Sean Harvey now can retire on a nice pension, but he wasn't a very good deal breaker even when at Leeds.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Keep The Faith / WAL
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

From the BBC

"Blackpool are still under threat of a 12-point deduction for going into receivership.

But EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey has already stated that the punishment is not necessarily a mandatory one."

I'm not advocating a deduction for Blackpool but if one isn't given then there's a serious double standard ...
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

blackbox2342 wrote:From the BBC

"Blackpool are still under threat of a 12-point deduction for going into receivership.

But EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey has already stated that the punishment is not necessarily a mandatory one."

I'm not advocating a deduction for Blackpool but if one isn't given then there's a serious double standard ...
Double standards, can't say I'm shocked, wouldn't trust Harvey and his cronies with anything.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 5081

It always been an us and them thing. Shaun Harvey has always had double standards.