Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Spygate

Post by Costy »

Common sense needs to prevail now. Bielsa has stitched the FA and the EFL up with that amazing display and they'll just make themselves look ridiculous and petty if they try to impose some sort of sanction. Everybody wins if they say 'right, we don't like what you did so from now on we are going to make the act of trying to find out information that is not publicly available through underhanded methods a punishable offence' and then just move on.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Get The Kettle On - you beat me to the 'common sense prevailing' line!
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Costy wrote:Get The Kettle On - you beat me to the 'common sense prevailing' line!

Well that's a first for me.. to beat anyone to anything first :D

Great minds think alike eh :lol:
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

have to say that was naive in the extreme.

who on earth advised him to hold that PC?

surely media management team must have said no.

I would have been happier had he said, well my mate was visiting his mother in derby, so i asked him to just pop over and take a look.....just a one off, didnt see any harm in it.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Since when did 'common sense prevailing' and the FA and FL match.

They both have their own agenda's and common sense isnt even near the discussions.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

whiteinfrance wrote:I've never been to Thorpe Arch

How easy is it for someone to just turn up and watch training

Looking at Derby's training ground, it seems quite open

I understand some teams grounds are more protected

If they don't want to be watched they should put measures in place, like fences

Also I think Lampard said their training had been disrupted - One of their players (Carson I think, ) said they had stopped training for 2 minutes.
I went to Thorpe Arch about 10 years ago as part of a player sponsorship package.
From memory I recall an impenetrable hedge before the turning up a long driveway with a security gate. The first team training pitch was behind the academy building, and it seemed secluded from the surrounding roads. There were houses around the perimeter, some of which may have had a partial view over the ground. If they wanted to work on anything that was very sensitive there is the indoor pitch.

Lampard saying training was disrupted was pretty lame. They should have been more professional than to allow someone watching from the road to distract them to any significant degree, and in any case, Scott Carson let it be known that the pause was only for a couple of minutes.

If this was so much of an issue, then why not make the training facility private? Derby have some history with their squad being spied on I training, although that incident was by their own chairman using a drone, in the Nigel Pearson era......
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

SG90 wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
SG90 wrote:Every team will be out for blood now and demand sanctions. This will probably cause us to lose all our points. Why on earth did Radz think this would be good PR?
Do you really think this is likely/feasible? He's basically saying that he does more preparation and research for every match than every other manager in the league, so there's absolutely no point in the training ground reccies. Surely that, coupled with a commitment to stop doing it, will kill the issue?
Yes but all that will be completely ignored and they'll only mention him admitting to spying on every team. That's all SSN have mentioned. :roll:
I love this guy, what he is doing is schooling every manager in the world today on how to do your homework. This is the whole reason why so many top managers aspire to be like him. All this spygate BS has opened Bielsa's insight and although it pains me to see him revealing some of his tactical nous to the world, I believe him to be a genius and eccentric at the same time similar to other artistic people.

All i know is that Lampard is a t****r and has always been a t****r, he comes from a family of corruption. He is a **** manager and he will never be a good one that's for sure.

Admin please don't tell to not get personal with this one okay. when someone hits a cord against my club and the best manager we've had in a very long time it hurts. Lampard and all those other bandwagon t****rs should stop winging and learn from Bielsa. This man is harmless to any of them save the three points he will take from them each week.

Edited by Rigger : "Language, Timothy !"
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

When I first heard about 'spygate' last Friday I was annoyed and felt let down. One of my first thoughts was we're now back in the news again in a negative way which was a blow considering how we've been praised for our football this season. It overshadowed what was arguably our best performance of the season. Everything was on the up. I've had time to reflect on what I said in the Derby match thread (which reminds me, I have to do the Stoke game, apologies, will do it after this post!) and I over-reacted, without question - especially after what I witnessed last night from MB. He must be every employer's dream, he's a workaholic, he's meticulous, he brings out the best in the people he works with and so on and so on. I thought last week that the EFL would almost certainly deduct us points but I can't see that happening now. Tbh, I can't see what punishment they can hand out, MB has given them everything, he's been honest and open about it. Chairmen and owners across the country, let alone the Championship, must be thinking wow, look at the level of detail MB has gone into, to give himself, his staff and his players an advantage prior to a game. I know that it's mainly down to MB's coaching and getting the best out of his players but he's a master tactician. Other clubs probably won't admit this in public but they'll be wanting to follow suit! Whoever's idea it was for the press conference, it was genius.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's us v everybody get them tin hats on :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Get the kettle on wrote:There seems to be a lot written and said about this with more to come i'm sure..

Like many i've been enjoying the season and the results so this 'spygate' issue is a bit of a nuisance, a bit of a distraction from the lovely football.

I followed MB's conference as it happened via Phil Hay's twitter feed and understand where MB was aiming. I'm not liking the point missing, headline grabbing cherry picking i've seen following MB's conference by some in the media. Yes, MB did say they had every opponent watched and he also went to great pains to show how detailed his research was aside from his admission.

It would be nice if certain folk in the media would give the whole picture and not just cherry pick. As for myself, I get it's not good form old chap and I also get that MB isn't the first and wont be the last but it's not the reason MB's Leeds team are top.

Hopefully common sense will prevail with the EFL and I can get back to enjoying the awesome work by the staff and players this season. MB is utter class..
Unfortunately the media in this country only know how to cherry pick and twist things. Straight forward 100% truth is way off their scope.