Ticket allocation when we get to the play off final

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ticket allocation when we get to the play off final

Post by dlw10 »

Mellor wrote:Personally I feel blessed. Coming from Yorkshire would have been enough on its own but to come from Leeds and to watch Revie's Don Quixote's spit in the eye of the so called 'big 6' playing football from another planet with my owd fella will stay with me until I die, I really don't feel we've had a raw deal. Even in Div 1 it was magnificent. In fact in Div 1 it was tons better than the last couple of years. Acci Stanley had a hard time. wolves had a hard time etc but Lufc. Not for me.
I tend to agree with that except I do now feel I am getting too used to the Championship and would like another change...preferably upwards! I will never forget the day the fixtures came out for this season and looking through them they all seemed just too familiar - even QPR and Reading were back in there after just one season away!
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

dlw10 wrote:
Mellor wrote:Personally I feel blessed. Coming from Yorkshire would have been enough on its own but to come from Leeds and to watch Revie's Don Quixote's spit in the eye of the so called 'big 6' playing football from another planet with my owd fella will stay with me until I die, I really don't feel we've had a raw deal. Even in Div 1 it was magnificent. In fact in Div 1 it was tons better than the last couple of years. Acci Stanley had a hard time. wolves had a hard time etc but Lufc. Not for me.
I tend to agree with that except I do now feel I am getting too used to the Championship and would like another change...preferably upwards! I will never forget the day the fixtures came out for this season and looking through them they all seemed just too familiar - even QPR and Reading were back in there after just one season away!
Not sure what the answer is. I think the champs is a flat league, 75% or more of the teams are ordinary but promotable through the play offs. Year one in the Prem could see us win no more than a game or two as we fight relegation, which is soul destroying. It's all gone a bit Rupert Murdoch!
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
18longleeds wrote:with our track record in finals, would you want a ticket? , saying that course you would cant help but keep the faith.
It's why I won't accept that my friend has had a harder time as a Portsmouth fan. At least his team's been consistent in getting relegated over and over again, and when they had their little excitement of the FA Cup final, they won so have something to cheer about there. We've been relegated twice but suffered the heart breaks of play off finals and semi finals too plus the joy of a League 1 promotion - which isn't as good as good as the Championship one we could've had in 2006. We've had ups and downs and a rollercoaster ride where we think it might be over and then... we fail. Portsmouth's nice and simple, you know it's going to be bad.
When we were winning cups galore with King Don Revie, we won promotion to the First Division in 1963–64, then we went on to win two Football League First Division titles, one FA Cup, one League Cup, two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups, one Football League Second Division title and one Charity Shield. He also guided them to three more FA Cup Finals, two more FA Cup Semi-Finals, one more Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Final and one Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Semi-Final, one European Cup Winners' Cup Final and one European Cup Semi-Final. The team also finished second in the Football League First Division five times, third once and fourth twice and in 1975, runners up to Bayern Munich in the European cup final. In a survey of leading football writers, historians and academics by Total Sport magazine, Revie's Leeds United were voted as one of the fifty greatest football teams of all time.

At the time I was experiencing most of this, I never thought it would ever end. For you younger fans, success has been very limited, but who said it was easy supporter any team on a limited budget?
:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D 8-) 8-)

Relegation to div 3 was hard to take, and the points deductions were comparable, but I agree there are teams' supporters who've suffered more than us, as M says. I would put Pompey in that bracket, as well as Luton but I do feel there is progress being made off the pitch at Leeds, and like everyone else I'm hoping to see progress on it and very soon too.