Sam Byram

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sam Byram

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Seen this elsewhere and thought it had the potential to get some decent debate going. Should GFH sell Sam Byram and use any monies raised to strengthen the squad ?
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Sam Byram

Post by Sheepy »

Well I guess the big question is how much would money could we not turn down? The previous musings of figures like 10 million are frankly too good not to consider.

At least these days I am confident that if we did sell him the money would go back into the squad.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Depends how much money it would get us for players. A decent amount then I wouldn't be too unhappy.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Yes.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

If we can get £6m or so, like we did for Delph, then maybe. As long as it'll definitely be reinvested in the squad.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

Sam's a great player and a bit of a luxury. If we had a team that was nailed on for promotion I would say no as he would be brilliant playing for us in the Premiership. But alas it appears BMD is going to have to do a bit of wheeling and dealing to get the players he wants so if we were offered decent money for Sam and the money is set aside for transfers dealings then I would be happy for him to move on to help with the team building.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No should keep him, selling him sends out negative vibes.

Lets see where we are at Chrimmy and if we are not in the promotion hunt I can then accept selling him on.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Anything under 6 million - I'm thinking we should keep him.

The problem is if we sell him for 6 million who can we buy? We need a few more quality players to join us, but who will want to join us if they fit the bill. Quality players tend to go where teams pay the most wages, or to clubs who have the squad to match their ambition. I don’t believe Leeds can offer proven class players either of these.

I fear we will be left with a few players like Murphy who are a gamble on the quality that we so badly need, similar to what’s happened after we sold our better players before. So after GFH had their share out the money, and we paid the fees and wages, we could easily be left with 3 lesser players than Sam and a far higher wage bill, ring any bells?

If BM has pre agreed with a few players he knows are quality and willing to join us, then sure - sell him. But if he hopes he will get all the money, then hopes players will join, I say don’t sell him, he is class and that’s what we want at Leeds.

MOT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

There seem to be a wide range of valuations over Sam. He's a great player, but having just completed his first year at senior level in an average Championship side I doubt we would get more that £2m, more likely a cash plus player offer. Looking at it brutally honest :( .
There would be a big disappointment amongst fans if he went for less than £5m as it would send the wrong signal.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

One thing's for sure, he won't be going anywhere at the moment..... he wouldn't pass any medicals at the moment and has been injured for three months - three months during which there hasn't been any games to aggravate his injury :thumbdown: