Sam Byram

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Sam Byram

Post by isrodger »

I remember posting a comment on here a year ago after the Preston game when Moyes was watching "McCormack" stating I suspected he was watching byram... There were a few on here dissing the concept that he might bid for a player yet to play a game for the club. I think at the time I attempted to explain the lad would be everybody's radar if he was that good. To illustrated the point my lad recently played in a tornament under9's I was talking to the city scout who was only Ingrested in under8's anything above that was already known about ..... Sad but true he pointed to a little black lad on the other pitch who he said was the best player in west yorks at his age, lucky for him / them he was already on their books.

Back to the point if a club really fancy sam he will probably go, man u etc will have been following/ been aware of him for years. To peckys point his present injury is unlikely to alter anything... Didn't Anthony recently sign for norwich with a broken leg? Come to think of it didn't we sign the legend Morrison when injured?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:If we can get £6m or so, like we did for Delph, then maybe. As long as it'll definitely be reinvested in the squad.
I read a bid for £8 million might come in for him. I have said I would like to keep our best young talent and build a good team to get promoted and stay up and prosper, but I am willing to consider a bid as long as like you say, it's reinvested on new, young talented players, say 4 young 21 year olds with lots of potential at £2 million pounds each. It sounds easy, but I know it's anything but, but it may be the way forward.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Interesting you mentioned Delph. If we had turned down that 6 million, would Delph still be the player he was a few year back? Seems a decent enough decision to sell him now, he's not really been a superstar at Villa and he has been riddled by injury.

Just a shame Bates used the money to paint the East Stand beige.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

McDermott's said at Lorimer's Bar tonight that "there's a possibility he (Byram)'ll need an operation which will put him out for a period of time". By the tone of his voice, I dare say the possibility is not far from a certainty.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bogdan wrote:McDermott's said at Lorimer's Bar tonight that "there's a possibility he (Byram)'ll need an operation which will put him out for a period of time". By the tone of his voice, I dare say the possibility is not far from a certainty.
Just reported the same on Radio Leeds, this is a real blow if this turns out to be the case :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Bogdan wrote:McDermott's said at Lorimer's Bar tonight that "there's a possibility he (Byram)'ll need an operation which will put him out for a period of time". By the tone of his voice, I dare say the possibility is not far from a certainty.
Just reported the same on Radio Leeds, this is a real blow if this turns out to be the case :thumbdown:
The lad shoud have been rested more last season particularly when we brought in Tate and had drury in the stands and peltier @ left back.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

isrodger wrote: The lad shoud have been rested more last season particularly when we brought in Tate and had drury in the stands and peltier @ left back.
Rather easy to say in hindsight though..... can you imagine the furore that would have kicked off if Warnock had rested Sam at any point?!! BMc continued to play him as well until Sam felt uncomfortable in the warm-up against Brighton. I'm sure if BMc knew then what he knows now, he'd have rested him; unfortunately that's not how life in the real world operates.

We have to hope that it's not too serious; I know from my own experience that hip (or back) problems can sometimes root with with a knee injury or even just a gait issue; it's possible that he's experiencing similar (though not identical) problems that Steven Gerrard had as a youngster (remember, he had massive problems with shin splints?) which can happen when relatively young bodies are subject to considerable physical change in a small period of time. You only have to look at how Sam has changed physically compared to his debut (when it looked like he would break if someone pushed him over :)) to see that; hopefully he can get sorted soon and we don't rush him back too soon.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Pecky10 wrote:
isrodger wrote: The lad shoud have been rested more last season particularly when we brought in Tate and had drury in the stands and peltier @ left back.
Rather easy to say in hindsight though..... can you imagine the furore that would have kicked off if Warnock had rested Sam at any point?!! BMc continued to play him as well until Sam felt uncomfortable in the warm-up against Brighton. I'm sure if BMc knew then what he knows now, he'd have rested him; unfortunately that's not how life in the real world operates.

We have to hope that it's not too serious; I know from my own experience that hip (or back) problems can sometimes root with with a knee injury or even just a gait issue; it's possible that he's experiencing similar (though not identical) problems that Steven Gerrard had as a youngster (remember, he had massive problems with shin splints?) which can happen when relatively young bodies are subject to considerable physical change in a small period of time. You only have to look at how Sam has changed physically compared to his debut (when it looked like he would break if someone pushed him over :)) to see that; hopefully he can get sorted soon and we don't rush him back too soon.
I actually did say it at the time .... Also if you remember the lad had a dip in form November / December. I actually think I cited gerrard, which was a great example, however more critically look at micheal Owen. In terms of the BMc games long and short is they were must win. Digressing I think the enforced absence of Austin will pay dividends, although BMc needs to take a lea out of fergusons book and stop him going to pay for Jamaica.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

isrodger wrote:In terms of the BMc games long and short is they were must win.
Not really, the panic over the threat of relegation was a bit hyped up anyway, or at least that's what I think. And once we beat Sheff Wed even that calmed down, but he was still played. If anything, there was more pressure on Warnock because realistically nobody conceded we could be out of the running for playoffs until the very end almost.

It's all the benefit of hindsight anyway, as Pecky says. Let's just hope we can get him recovered properly so we get at least a half of good season out of him this year.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

an enthusiastic 19 year old lad will just want to be playing football and not sitting on the sidelines; this is probably the case with most players , these things happen and people just have to get on with it. As Pecky says its easy to look at things in hindsight.