SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Came home to a parcel that contains season ticket, a pen, bottle opener, keyring, badge and a scarf and also a car sticker.

Nice touch from the Club.
The key ring plays Marching On Together whilst being used, only problem is Mrs B can hear me opening a bottle of San Miguel everytime now :thumbdown:
the key ring plays whilst you are opening a bottle with the bottle opener .... are they connected by bluetooth :?
You can tell I’ve been using it a bit tonight Nic :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Came home to a parcel that contains season ticket, a pen, bottle opener, keyring, badge and a scarf and also a car sticker.

The key ring plays Marching On Together whilst being used, only problem is Mrs B can hear me opening a bottle of San Miguel everytime now :thumbdown:
the key ring plays whilst you are opening a bottle with the bottle opener .... are they connected by bluetooth :?
:clap: :clap:

I usually buy cans, but will go over to bottles next time. Of course it will mean the missus can keep count as I drink. I do at least know that if it breaks I have a back-up as the missus got one too :thumbup: . Wonder how long before some ebay's theirs :lolno:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

:clap: :clap:

I usually buy cans, but will go over to bottles next time. Of course it will mean the missus can keep count as I drink. I do at least know that if it breaks I have a back-up as the missus got one too :thumbup: . Wonder how long before some ebay's theirs :lolno:
I think I’m going the other way, cans instead of bottles :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

A quick check on the LUFC website reveals that my renewed Gold Membership will restrict me to buying a single ticket, "to be decided on a match by match basis", rather than as previously, one each for each of my two sons-in law and my grandson, in the family stand.

It was previously hinted that this would have been the case, should we have gained promotion, but that the existing policy would prevail, if we remained in the Championship.

The Club state that this makes things fairer, in that more folks will be able to obtain a ticket, but I can't help thinking that it is more to do with increasing revenue, as each ticket now bought will be subject to the membership surcharge.

I accept that I'm having a moan largely because the new policy affects me directly, but since we only ever made it to four or five games per season it does seem a little unfair ............. even if all three adults were to take out a Gold Membership, (unlikely), is there there any guarantee that we would be able to books tickets, seated together in the Family Stand?

Harumph. :thumbdown:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

yorkfan wrote:A quick check on the LUFC website reveals that my renewed Gold Membership will restrict me to buying a single ticket, "to be decided on a match by match basis", rather than as previously, one each for each of my two sons-in law and my grandson, in the family stand.

It was previously hinted that this would have been the case, should we have gained promotion, but that the existing policy would prevail, if we remained in the Championship.

The Club state that this makes things fairer, in that more folks will be able to obtain a ticket, but I can't help thinking that it is more to do with increasing revenue, as each ticket now bought will be subject to the membership surcharge.

I accept that I'm having a moan largely because the new policy affects me directly, but since we only ever made it to four or five games per season it does seem a little unfair ............. even if all three adults were to take out a Gold Membership, (unlikely), is there there any guarantee that we would be able to books tickets, seated together in the Family Stand?

Harumph. :thumbdown:
Totally get your 'angst' mate but TBH I don't see a fairer way due to demand outstripping supply. Money talks in any business and they try to at least whittle down the demand by charging for memberships but there are too many members now as well by the looks of it :roll:
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

You're right, of course, and I do accept that I was having a mump as the new policy affect me directly.

Looks like the only way to take my grandson to a footy match will be with York City ............. aargh! (He'd never speak to me again). :lolno:
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I was in a similar position in that my husband isn’t a fan but he always accompanied me to home games a few times each season. Last season I had a silver membership but only one ticket per person was allowed due to the demand. So, for this season I have had to buy TWO gold memberships - an extra one for my husband (who isn’t best pleased about it!)
Here’s hoping we manage to get seats for the Forest game, or it will all have been in vain.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I received a second box today, addressed to me, so naturally I opened it wondering what it was.

Appears I’ve received someone else’s pack, along with season ticket, and paraphernalia. I’ll be getting in touch with the club to return it, but some poor sod will be looking out for the postie and I have it here :shock:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:I received a second box today, addressed to me, so naturally I opened it wondering what it was.

Appears I’ve received someone else’s pack, along with season ticket, and paraphernalia. I’ll be getting in touch with the club to return it, but some poor sod will be looking out for the postie and I have it here :shock:
Will come straight round for it :shh: ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I received a second box today, addressed to me, so naturally I opened it wondering what it was.

Will come straight round for it :shh: ;)
Well I know your first name SW, and that does not match this individuals card, so unfortunately I will not be able to release it to you :D