SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Post by Nic »

They are now selling the memberships for next year:
Gold Memberships for Leeds United's Centenary Season are on sale online now due to popular demand following the announcement of our Season Ticket plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

With demand for tickets at an all time high, being a member will be the best way to get priority on purchasing a home match ticket for next season.

With Bielsa's men firmly in the race to gain automatic promotion to the Premier League for the first time in 15 years, tickets for games at Elland Road have been selling out to Gold Members within hours of going on sale!

Should we win promotion to top flight football in the 2019/20 Season, each Gold Member will get priority on the purchase of one home match ticket per membership for games at Elland Road. This means anyone who wishes to gain priority to purchase tickets for next season should buy a membership.

Gold Memberships are likely become the more effective way for non Season Ticket Holders to purchase tickets for home games next season.

With over 23,000 memberships sold for the 2018/19 season, we expect demand for next season's memberships to be even higher and we will put a cap on the number of memberships available. Don't miss out, buy yours today!

Priced at £50 for adults, a Gold Membership includes:

Top priority on home tickets - Benefit from a priority booking period for games at Elland Road. The ratio will be 1 ticket per member if we are promoted to the Premier League.
Centenary membership pack - Exclusive centenary merchandise from Leeds United.
Exclusive retail offers - Get money off in store and online through member exclusive retail events.
Match discounts - Three £5 online match discount vouchers.
LUFC Ladies & U23's - Free access to the Leeds United Ladies and U23's games at Elland Road.
Discounted stadium tours - Save money on an exclusive behind the scenes tour of Elland Road.
The changes seem to be 1 membership needed per ticket if promoted, and the fact that they will put a cap on numbers - so will people buy early before we know if we are going up for fear of the cap been reached?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Over 70% of current LUFC Season Ticket Holders have renewed their seat for the 2019/20 centenary campaign.

To the 16,000+ LUFC fans who have already renewed for next season.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Gold Memberships for Leeds United's Centenary Season are on sale online now due to popular demand following the announcement of our Season Ticket plans for the 2019/20 campaign.

Should we win promotion to top flight football in the 2019/20 Season, each Gold Member will get priority on the purchase of one home match ticket per membership for games at Elland Road. This means anyone who wishes to gain priority to purchase tickets for next season should buy a membership.

Gold Memberships are likely become the more effective way for non Season Ticket Holders to purchase tickets for home games next season.

As a very occasional visitor to Elland Road, usually in the company of my two grandsons and their dads, this is now going to mean purchasing three adult and two kid's Gold Memberships in order to get seats in the family stand.

Not happy! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

I've been a gold member for a number of years now as can't afford the commitment/time to justify a ST (have had ST's several times in bygone years when time allowed). Think I've done 8 home games this season & am hoping to do Wendies, Wigan & Villa.
Wasn't overly happy paying £40 before, but have renewed for next season in case they cap numbers/demand massively exceeds supply?
Even less happy about paying £50, plus £1.50 booking fee, but felt I had no choice if I want to do a dozen or so next season?
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

I wasn't too miffed at the increase from £40 to £50, but, since I'm not interested in attending games on my own, I can't really justify multiple memberships so that we can all go.

Mind you, the announcement suggests that these condition will apply, should we gain promotion to the PL ...............(best not to go there).

It worked just fine before, where I could buy three or more tickets for the family stand, using my Gold Membership. :cry: :cry:
Nic

Post by Nic »

We don't know the match day ticket prices. After all although ST have "frozen" if we go up it will be 19 home games verses 23, so effectively you are paying 21% per match more. So will that mean a similar increase in match day prices? That could possibly affect attendance.

Last couple of years you could easily get tickets even with silver membership, it's just this year that has been different this year, especially from just before christmas. I had to give up my ST when it became incompatible with my job (used to work in retail and whilst I for many years had a sympathetic manager a change in management meant I was missing 5 or so games) and I went with the membership for 3 years. I now work in another industry and so this year was able to become a ST holder again.

The stories I hear of gold members not being able to get tickets for games unless they try to get them at 9am on day of sale and even then no guarantee due to the website's queuing system, means the club had to do something. After all anyone with a silver membership this year may as well throw the card away.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PockWhite wrote:I've been a gold member for a number of years now as can't afford the commitment/time to justify a ST (have had ST's several times in bygone years when time allowed). Think I've done 8 home games this season & am hoping to do Wendies, Wigan & Villa.
Wasn't overly happy paying £40 before, but have renewed for next season in case they cap numbers/demand massively exceeds supply?
Even less happy about paying £50, plus £1.50 booking fee, but felt I had no choice if I want to do a dozen or so next season?
Pete, am I missing something here mate.

11 games (8 games attended, plus 3) at an average of £35 a ticket = £385, plus cost of membership £40 = £425. A season ticket cost £445.

Surely it was worth getting a season ticket for the sake of £20 ?. I repeat, am I missing something :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
PockWhite wrote:I've been a gold member for a number of years now as can't afford the commitment/time to justify a ST (have had ST's several times in bygone years when time allowed). Think I've done 8 home games this season & am hoping to do Wendies, Wigan & Villa.

11 games (8 games attended, plus 3) at an average of £35 a ticket = £385, plus cost of membership £40 = £425. A season ticket cost £445.

Surely it was worth getting a season ticket for the sake of £20 ?. I repeat, am I missing something :oops:
Yes, you are assuming an 8 year frozen price. My ST was £445, but due to giving it up it was £568 this year!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yes, you are assuming an 8 year frozen price. My ST was £445, but due to giving it up it was £568 this year!
Ahh, thanks mate, I hadn’t considered the new applicant price.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yep, I get stung like that too but it doesn't seem to pain me as much paying in instalments.