SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: SEASON TICKETS 19-20

Post by PockWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
PockWhite wrote:I've been a gold member for a number of years now as can't afford the commitment/time to justify a ST (have had ST's several times in bygone years when time allowed). Think I've done 8 home games this season & am hoping to do Wendies, Wigan & Villa.
Wasn't overly happy paying £40 before, but have renewed for next season in case they cap numbers/demand massively exceeds supply?
Even less happy about paying £50, plus £1.50 booking fee, but felt I had no choice if I want to do a dozen or so next season?
Pete, am I missing something here mate.

11 games (8 games attended, plus 3) at an average of £35 a ticket = £385, plus cost of membership £40 = £425. A season ticket cost £445.

Surely it was worth getting a season ticket for the sake of £20 ?. I repeat, am I missing something :oops:
Hey Kev, no you're not missing anything mate :D I prob didn't explain myself very clearly? :oops:

It's not a money thing, I could afford a season ticket and all associated costs of attending 23 games, fuel, car parking, food, drinks etc (and I don't mean that flippantly or to be big headed or anything like that).
It's a time thing due to family/other commitments which means 10-12 or so games is all I can commit to these days and that's been the case for several years now.
Also I've tried to do 3-6 or so aways each season, for which you need membership, although ironically this season I've not managed to do any aways, not been able to get to any with the big allocations and haven't a track record for aways with small/medium allocations. :cry:
Anyways sorry about rambling mate, not had me cornflakes yet? :o :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Fella I work with, one of our maintenance guys is a member of a Belfast Leeds supporters club. One of he organisers, possibly the chairman is a season ticket holder and even travels over to Leeds for away games, apparently watches the game somewhere (I think he's playing away himself personally) I'd need to win the Lottery to be able to do this. If I lived anywhere near ER a season ticket would be a must if I could afford it AND justify it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

It all depends on your own circumstances, not having a ST does not make you less of a Leeds fan. We went to 10 games last season and had a big chat about getting STs again (after all it was a big price jump from the last one), and so glad we did.

People seem to be complaining about the 1 membership per ticket, and I can understand it's a lot more expense - after all I only used to get one membership to get tickets for the both of us, but the club does need to do something to cope with the demand. Next season the demand is going to be greater than this season, and I assume they will limit the number of memberships sold so that it means people who get them will have a chance to actually get tickets.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I have a silver membership as my hubby is not a footy fan, but he accompanies me to ER for a few games each season. As things are now, I can’t see myself being able to go to any games as no way will my hubby pay an additional £50 for a membership of his own and I won’t go to ER on my own. I would have thought allowing 2 tickets per membership would have been the fair option.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

I did have a moan about this earlier in the thread, and like yourself, have little interest in attending Elland Road on my own.

So, next season, to see a match with my two sons-in-law, and two, possibly three grandkids, incurs a total pre-season outlay of £240 for three adult and three kid's memberships, and obviously, we still have to pay for five seats in the family stand on match day.

Mind you, I do get a Centenary welcome pack, and the grandkids will receive a card on their birthday ........... woohoo! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Email from Zebra Finance

Dear Customer,

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR ZEBRA FINANCE APPLICATION

We are writing to you in relation to your Zebra Finance Limited (Zebra) credit agreement.

You may have seen in the media that Zebra Finance Ltd is no longer able to offer credit to new or existing customers due to the actions of Raphaels Bank who have withdrawn from funding as a result of their difficulties with the Bank of England.

This email is to advise you that if you are an existing Zebra customer or you have recently taken out a credit agreement with Zebra which has been signed and completed, nothing has changed and that your credit agreement is still live and should be paid as normal on a monthly basis through your Direct Debit. Zebra will continue to operate as before in terms of the servicing and administration of your account and the telephone numbers and contact details are exactly as before.

All payments must continue to be made in line with your terms and conditions.

Kind Regards

Peter Fletcher

Zebra Finance Limited
Nic

Post by Nic »

The club have said anyone affected can but ST using an installment plan, i.e. they bill your card each month for 5 months though an admin fee will added.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Seems we aren't the only club who use Zebra there are another 79 clubs in England and Scotland that use them.

Glad I had the money saved up and paid my season ticket for next season in one go.
Nic

Post by Nic »

I wonder what the default rate was, and was there an implication on the season ticket. Maybe that was part of the reason, unless the admin costs did not cover the running and profit expected.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Nic wrote:I wonder what the default rate was, and was there an implication on the season ticket. Maybe that was part of the reason, unless the admin costs did not cover the running and profit expected.
The bank providing the credit line to Zebra pulled it.