LUFC 100 YEARS - EVENTS

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SJD1995
Giddy Kipper

LUFC 100 YEARS - EVENTS

Post by SJD1995 »

Hi Guys,

My name is ...

We are not an advertising agency so I've edited this post and removed the information posted as the original poster was only here for that sole reason and will contribute nothing to the board.

Rigger
Deleted User 728

Re: LUFC 100 YEARS - EVENTS

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Well now, that's all fine and swanky but how about asking permission before advertising your "fantastic events" ??
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Well now, that's all fine and swanky but how about asking permission before advertising your "fantastic events" ??
Have you ever considered a job in the police force Rigger, there wouldn’t be a criminal walking the streets if you replicated the work that you do on here out on the streets.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote:Well now, that's all fine and swanky but how about asking permission before advertising your "fantastic events" ??
Have you ever considered a job in the police force Rigger, there wouldn’t be a criminal walking the streets if you replicated the work that you do on here out on the streets.
Yes.
I did consider it, when I was 16/17 but I wanted be a detective and didn't fancy the compulsory two years slogging on the beat before then ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Yes.
I did consider it, when I was 16/17 but I wanted be a detective and didn't fancy the compulsory two years slogging on the beat before then ..
In about 1952/53 I applied for the Leeds Police Cadets. I went for an interview and they told me that there was only one place available and there were six applications. I then had to do a series of tests and further interviews which lasted most of the day. All six of us were there and during a break, one of the lads told us that he played the trombone in the Police band and his Dad was a sergeant in Leeds Police. I nearly went home at that stage but decided to complete the day. That lad got the one place. I remember being disappointed but you never know that disappointments sometimes become good breaks in the long run.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Yes.
My thoughts exactly, but the 2 years turned to 20 very VERY quickly :)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Yes.
In about 1952/53 I applied for the Leeds Police Cadets. I went for an interview and they told me that there was only one place available and there were six applications. I then had to do a series of tests and further interviews which lasted most of the day. All six of us were there and during a break, one of the lads told us that he played the trombone in the Police band and his Dad was a sergeant in Leeds Police. I nearly went home at that stage but decided to complete the day. That lad got the one place. I remember being disappointed but you never know that disappointments sometimes become good breaks in the long run.
You’re not wrong Sir John, I was made redundant from a chocolate factory (Rowntree Mackintosh back then) at the age of 18, and ended up having a good career in the insurance industry and retired at 45 :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.