New Club Emblem?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

New Club Emblem?

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Does anyone know anything about the new emblem we are supposed to be getting to celebrate the centenary? :?:
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: New Club Emblem?

Post by Nic »

errrm ... #gaviscongate

It seems to now be taking longer than an EFL enquiry to decide on it.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Frankie wrote:Does anyone know anything about the new emblem we are supposed to be getting to celebrate the centenary? :?:
Phil Hay said a while ago that he believed it would now only be a minor change to the existing badge if at all and just for the centenary year. It's something I agree with too if correct. Pointless waste of cash for fans to have to gear up with new clobber.
Nic

Post by Nic »

dlw10 wrote:
Frankie wrote:Does anyone know anything about the new emblem we are supposed to be getting to celebrate the centenary? :?:
Phil Hay said a while ago that he believed it would now only be a minor change to the existing badge if at all and just for the centenary year. It's something I agree with too if correct. Pointless waste of cash for fans to have to gear up with new clobber.
Agree, anything more will further cause outrage and distract too much. I believe it has to be the shield with a small addition for the one year only, so "1919-2019" or "100 years" imposed somewhere on the shield, maybe on the blue area of the shield near the rose or outside the shield in a banner underneath. Since all season ticket holders are getting a "centenary gift pack" we'll get stuff with the new logo, there will be a range in the shop with the new logo, but probably not much more.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

There's no need for a new emblem.
Just have a centenary kit and that'll do on the branding front, thank you ..
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

If you go on the OS and go to the season ticket renewal page it might give a big clue as to what the badge will be for next season.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket ... s-now-open
Nic

Post by Nic »

If you go to the official shop there is new merchandise with a new badge https://shop.leedsunited.com/TIE100 which YEP says is just a leisurewear badge, but our current badge appeared on merchandise before the club announced it as official.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Nic wrote:If you go to the official shop there is new merchandise with a new badge https://shop.leedsunited.com/TIE100 which YEP says is just a leisurewear badge, but our current badge appeared on merchandise before the club announced it as official.

God I hope not!
Nic

Post by Nic »

Frankie wrote:
Nic wrote:If you go to the official shop there is new merchandise with a new badge https://shop.leedsunited.com/TIE100 which YEP says is just a leisurewear badge, but our current badge appeared on merchandise before the club announced it as official.

God I hope not!
Another reason behind thinking its a possibility is our owner is a big Juventus fan
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Well, I like it. It's a strong design and the reference to Juve is a good one as I love that badge now, having merely liked it at first sight.

It's got a real design element, like someone has properly thought about it :thumbup: