BMcD - time to go? and other questions over his management

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

BMcD - time to go? and other questions over his management

Post by Aces »

If your answer is Yes! Who would you like to replace him. :shock:

Myself ..... I want him to be given more time, even if we don't get to the play offs this year. I would give him another summer transfer window and at least 15 matches in to next season.

What's everyone else think?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Re: Is it time for BMcD to go and ......

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I agree with you.
When I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked after the last few results, that's all I meant. I think he needs time and the backing of the board with some proper funds. The fans aren't on his back, he doesn't look like he's lost the dressing room - we're just shyte at the moment. We really don't have the quality we'd like and no right to be up around the top of the table, but we do have some decent players. He just needs to sort out a formation, play a settled team with plenty of competition for places and make sure they're up for the fight.
There's too many passengers at the moment and I am with everyone else who thinks Austin should be dropped but I also think he should lose the captaincy. Give it to Byram and put him in the team every single week. End of.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

Aces wrote:If your answer is Yes! Who would you like to replace him. :shock:

Myself ..... I want him to be given more time, even if we don't get to the play offs this year. I would give him another summer transfer window and at least 15 matches in to next season.

What's everyone else think?
I would give him the rest of the season to see what he can do, because i was not expecting playoffs or higher at the start of the season, if he can finish close or even sneak in miraculously then that will have been an achievement. This result today best be a one off because its not good enough.

If they were to sack him (doubt it) then i would look at Malky Mackay.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

If you remember, Haigh said at the start of the year that promotion was the target within two years. I don't think he will go, they backed him int the summer and he has brought two new players in already this week. It is going to take a little bit of time to adjust the system to get the best out of the new wide players we have in, today was shocking but the lads had what, two days to train with the squad? It is no excuse for today, but now we have the opportunity to try out a new system, which I am sure is what BMc has planned due to the two wide men coming in. We are pretty much safe from relegation (touch wood) in my eyes, I think we have picked up enough points already to keep us well out of it, so give him more time. The past few games have been horrendous, but I wouldn't change the manager, he must know something has to change and hopefully we will see this change in the coming weeks. Keep the faith.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

No.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

And a no from me.

We need stability and I do not see another managerial change helping at all. No doubt he has a massive job on his hands, but I would give him time.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

No, we're a work in progress and a bigger one than I thought only two weeks ago.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

I think he needs to be given more time, we are in a very bad run of form, the players will be feeling demotivated and deflated. We need to change this hoofball tactic that has condemned us to so many defeats. However if results do not start to go our way (which I doubt seeing as our next three games are going to be very difficult) then I think we might see someone new come in.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

No.

We cannot keep changing managers over, and over again. This just leaves the new manager with a group of players he doesn't want, and bringing in new players of his own. He gets sacked, and the process just starts again.

BMcD is hurting, you can see it in his face and hear it in his voice. Give him at least the rest of this season, and the whole of next for me. Whether GFH, or whoever owns the club these days, agree is another matter.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

A no from me too, but I do think that he needs to tell the "facts of life" to some of his players in no uncertain terms. For example, do you remember when Zaliukas made his debut and tried to nutmeg an attacker in our penalty area, McD's comments at the time were "we've had a few words and he won't be doing that again". Look what Zaliukas did today with his casual attitude. Not wishing to single out one player, because today was a team shambles resulting from a number of individual errors that are completely unacceptable at this level of play. It's going to be a steep learning curve for some of this team.
We're on our way to....