BMcD - time to go? and other questions over his management

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 496

Re: BMcD - time to go? and other questions over his manageme

Post by Deleted User 496 »

The response to the Rochdale fiasco (following poor performances against Barnsley, Forest and Blackburn) was the performance we witnessed at Hillsborough! Another performance like that against Leicester on Saturday (and I won't really mind if we lose, so long as we are in the game and trying to play some decent football), then sack the guy. Otherwise, give him the rest of the season, as we are safe from relegation.

Come on Brian, pull yourself together and show the fans on Saturday that you know what your are doing.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Brian McDermott - time to go?

No way! Every impatient team with managers has problems. The winning teams are always those with patience, look at Arsenal with Wenger and of course Manchester U during Ferguson years. They weren't successful in the beginning.

I have a good feeling about Brian. :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

alwaysleeds wrote:The winning teams are always those with patience
With the exception of Chelsea, of course. Consistently changing their managers, but still winning trophies.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

alwaysleeds wrote:Brian McDermott - time to go?

No way! Every impatient team with managers has problems. The winning teams are always those with patience, look at Arsenal with Wenger and of course Manchester U during Ferguson years. They weren't successful in the beginning.

I have a good feeling about Brian. :)
Wagner hasn't won anything for nigh on ten years, I wonder if our fans would be so patient. :shock: :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Wagner?

:D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I won't losing v the in form Leicester as long we shown improvement in the way we play, but we have to beat Ipswich.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:I won't losing v the in form Leicester as long we shown improvement in the way we play, but we have to beat Ipswich.
Our home form has been very good and I expect us to put in a good performance, my gut feeling is it will be a hard fought draw, Liecester will be happy with that and although a win would be better, I would take a draw now.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

A resounding NO from me. He needs the support of the board and fans alike.

I feel he is the right man for the job. Warnock left him some poor players and he needs to get his own in. The winger experiment the other days was clearly a mistake and he held his hands up. I expect a better showing in the coming weeks from Kebe and Stewart. A ball winning midfielder and a big strong striker wouldn't go amiss too.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I just cant see a way back from here. BM has been in charge for a year...........not long but long enough to put your own DNA into the teams ethos and style, their hunger desire and shape. This has not happened and we are going to end up with a squad of players that nobody wants. Whatever happened to managers that got the best out of the players they inherited?
Pulis has drilled and changed the attitude of his squad, without the addition of 6 or 7 players. They are probably not good enough man for man to compete in the prem, so he uses organisation to his benefit. Poyet has done the same.
I feel that we have two ways forward:
1 We replace BM with a manager that is prepared to show how to organise and galvanise an average squad i.e Mick McCarthy or Sean Dyche
2. We do what Sheepy was asking for over a year ago and give a chance to Richard Naylor, a complete change of emphasis and give youth a chance.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I think if we just look back over the years since we sacked David O'Leary and look how well it has served the club to change the manager on practically a season by season basis that the answer is there to give Brian McDermott time.

He may have made the odd dubious signing, he made have got the formation wrong, but at very least we have an honest manager, a man who has a 'grand plan' for the club. I don't think this type of manager comes around very often and even though we are in a very sticky patch, I really would keep faith with the manager.

The signal it gives out to the players is this guy can't be budged, you either get on the bus or ship out.