I'm sorry I love this man

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: I'm sorry I love this man

Post by whitedancer »

Davycc wrote:I'm sorry people, I caught the tail end of the Revie era. There wasn't much after that other than Mr Armfield being robbed of a great achievement in Paris until the Sgt came along. Unfortunately that didn't last either. Then we had the period I loved too with O'Leary and his "babes" again it crumbled. Simon gave us a glimpse but it wasn't to be. But now we have this man at the helm, not just a great coach (if we don't succeed in promotion it certainly isn't his fault in my eyes) but a man with everything I'd want as a leader, honesty, humility, compassion, dedication and who as the photo below shows hurts as much as any fan does. We see managers saying loses hurt etc this picture says a thousand words after the QPR defeat.

MOT MB

imho
if we don't get promotion,yes it is hes fault, we needed strengthening in the transfer window, which we didn't do
basically had 1 forward all season.
bamford injured most part,roofe whos worked hes socks off now injured,no surprise there
douglas ,who looks tired from hes early season form, is being kept out by a left winger ,who cant cross the ball.
the midfielders who were filling the box early season, when attacking seems to have stopped.
Qpr was a prime example,thought 1 of the worsed we played this season,nothing on the bench,apart from brown
who got 10 minutes, and proberly should of got sent off after 5,clearly frustrated,at seating on bench since christmas.
yes hes done a great job, but at the buissiness end of the season,im not seeing it.
yes a bit negative,but thats how i see it,and prepare myself, so if we win or get promotion,im overjoyed,
but never really expect it.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

whitedancer wrote:
Davycc wrote:I'm sorry people, I caught the tail end of the Revie era. There wasn't much after that other than Mr Armfield being robbed of a great achievement in Paris until the Sgt came along. Unfortunately that didn't last either. Then we had the period I loved too with O'Leary and his "babes" again it crumbled. Simon gave us a glimpse but it wasn't to be. But now we have this man at the helm, not just a great coach (if we don't succeed in promotion it certainly isn't his fault in my eyes) but a man with everything I'd want as a leader, honesty, humility, compassion, dedication and who as the photo below shows hurts as much as any fan does. We see managers saying loses hurt etc this picture says a thousand words after the QPR defeat.

MOT MB

imho
if we don't get promotion,yes it is hes fault, we needed strengthening in the transfer window, which we didn't do
basically had 1 forward all season.
bamford injured most part,roofe whos worked hes socks off now injured,no surprise there
douglas ,who looks tired from hes early season form, is being kept out by a left winger ,who cant cross the ball.
the midfielders who were filling the box early season, when attacking seems to have stopped.
Qpr was a prime example,thought 1 of the worsed we played this season,nothing on the bench,apart from brown
who got 10 minutes, and proberly should of got sent off after 5,clearly frustrated,at seating on bench since christmas.
yes hes done a great job, but at the buissiness end of the season,im not seeing it.
yes a bit negative,but thats how i see it,and prepare myself, so if we win or get promotion,im overjoyed,
but never really expect it.
Blimey, I don’t know where to start! Probably best to just get myself a beer and look forward to the game this evening. :/
maltrain
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by maltrain »

Mickeyzee wrote:I feel the same about him, I do fear that if we fail to gain promotion Bielsa will class this as a personal failure and will leave, I really hope I'm wrong. The only way IMO we will see Bielsa in a Leeds hoodie next season is in the prem..... Mick
When Argentina failed at the World Cup 2002, even when most fans wanted him to leave, he choose to stay until they won the gold medal in the next Olympic Games.

IF Leeds won't get the promotion, he will stay, no doubt about it.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Tener un buen fin de semana, Sr Bielsa! :)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The man is a footballer master. He comes across as a man who loves to bring the best out of players. Players who are willing to learn and improve, not the prima-donna ones who think they have a divine right to play at the highest level. You can see its a two way trust thing. Whatever happens in his time here, we must remember he chose us and i'm very glad he did.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The man is a footballer master. He comes across as a man who loves to bring the best out of players. Players who are willing to learn and improve, not the prima-donna ones who think they have a divine right to play at the highest level. You can see its a two way trust thing. Whatever happens in his time here, we must remember he chose us and i'm very glad he did.
:thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

The kids Clarke Shackelton etc must be loving learning under MB. What a teacher to have at the start of your professional career.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

You can just tell that our players would run through brick walls for him.

What a man, what a leader, what an inspiration!
Bielsa_revolution
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Bielsa_revolution »

After he left Chile, our next manager was Claudio Borghi and he was kind of resisted, so he declared to the press that Bielsa left more widows than WW2. Many in Chile actually took his words and until today define ourselves as Bielsa's widows.

Imagine the impact of this man in Chile that even though he left the national team about 8 years ago, the news about his Leeds are still in the press. And of course, we know who the true responsible of our America Cup is. Oh, how we miss him!

Please enjoy him at Leeds. If you don't we'll gladly have him back =)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

maltrain wrote:
Mickeyzee wrote:I feel the same about him, I do fear that if we fail to gain promotion Bielsa will class this as a personal failure and will leave, I really hope I'm wrong. The only way IMO we will see Bielsa in a Leeds hoodie next season is in the prem..... Mick
When Argentina failed at the World Cup 2002, even when most fans wanted him to leave, he choose to stay until they won the gold medal in the next Olympic Games.

IF Leeds won't get the promotion (this year), he will stay, no doubt about it.
Added a clarification, which I guess was implied :angel:

I agree he will stay, unless he feels the club are not keeping to their word. He has a great synergy with what being Leeds United is and the fans, which I suppose is why some fans continue to follow Bielsa's career long after he has left their club.