Potential targets after promotion

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Potential targets after promotion

Post by judy »

Otherworld wrote:Won’t even think about this until May. :(
I agree, Otherworld.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

No harm in a little speculation.

Even if we don't go up (heaven forbid), we'd still need a few additions. You'd like to think James has a very good chance after he agreed terms with the club and is entering the last year of his contract, possibly 4m? A new AM/LW have to be entertained too with Pablo not getting any younger and Harrison back to Man City.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Can't see City wanting Harrison back with what they have already... would we want him if we go up?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote:Can't see City wanting Harrison back with what they have already... would we want him if we go up?
Not for me, no.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Agreed, I think we need to find a few players with more quality - like trading Vinnie Jones for Gary Mac when we last got promoted from the 2nd division to the top flight. The club did a great job with finding and getting our goalie, I think they'd get it right with further strengthening our squad where we need it. We're more Wolves in terms of quality coach and personnel than Huddersfield and IF we go up this season, I can see us being top half of the Premiership next season.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think Harrison's done alright and has shown enough potential to be worth a punt, so long as he doesn't want too much money and we get him on the cheap.
I can't see him commanding more than a couple of mil. and for that kind of dosh he's worth a squad place for me.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Need much better than Harrison if we go up, he's not going to cut the mustard in the Prem.
Daz5

Post by Daz5 »

Aaron Lennon !! Anybody , dont seem to get in the Burnley team often
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Daz5 wrote:Aaron Lennon !! Anybody , dont seem to get in the Burnley team often
Lennon is a Leeds lad, played for Yorkshire Amateur. However, I think he is shot. Couldn't make it at Everton and is on the fringes at Burnley. I think the Premiership is a step to far for him now. Milner is the best shout, also a Leeds fan. He would make the ideal captain too. Need a striker (we need some muscle up-front) and a centre-back, don't know who though!
I once played against Don Revie.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

rigger wrote:I think Harrison's done alright and has shown enough potential to be worth a punt, so long as he doesn't want too much money and we get him on the cheap.
I can't see him commanding more than a couple of mil. and for that kind of dosh he's worth a squad place for me.
Totally agree.