Villa viewpoint

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Villa viewpoint

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Villan wrote:Leeds away to Bristol City and Villa away to Small Heath this weekend. Two games that both teams must win for differing reasons. I predict that we both will. When that happens I shall combine my celebrations by running around the street in my 1982 Villa top shouting quotes from the Yorkshire vet, such as 'By Crikey we did it'. Watch this space fellow football brethren - it really is going to happen :-)
Nil desperandum
That reminded me of a holiday I had with mates about 20 years ago - a place called Sopot in Poland. Only a small town but had its own 'antisocial' problems, including one homeless Polish chap, around 60 years old, regularly making a nuisance of himself. Anyway, he had a circa 1990 Villa top on :shock: :D
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Villan wrote:Leeds away to Bristol City and Villa away to Small Heath this weekend. Two games that both teams must win for differing reasons. I predict that we both will. When that happens I shall combine my celebrations by running around the street in my 1982 Villa top shouting quotes from the Yorkshire vet, such as 'By Crikey we did it'. Watch this space fellow football brethren - it really is going to happen :-)
Nil desperandum
That reminded me of a holiday I had with mates about 20 years ago - a place called Sopot in Poland. Only a small town but had its own 'antisocial' problems, including one homeless Polish chap, around 60 years old, regularly making a nuisance of himself. Anyway, he had a circa 1990 Villa top on :shock: :D
I often wondered what had happened to Deadly. Never realised he had a home in Poland :P
Keep The Faith / WAL
Villan
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Villan »

Not only would deadly have had a home in Poland, he would have owned the coach company that transported the fans to the games there! Deadly's sister met me in a shop in Brum once. I had my Villa top on. She was out shopping to buy him a tie and she asked me to pick it for him. Comedy moment - I found a crappy beige thing. I wonder if he ever wore it! She was all over me like a rash. I thought I 'still had it' until I realised she was about 87. Gawd.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Villan wrote:Not only would deadly have had a home in Poland, he would have owned the coach company that transported the fans to the games there! Deadly's sister met me in a shop in Brum once. I had my Villa top on. She was out shopping to buy him a tie and she asked me to pick it for him. Comedy moment - I found a crappy beige thing. I wonder if he ever wore it! She was all over me like a rash. I thought I 'still had it' until I realised she was about 87. Gawd.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it a "kipper tie" ?
(terrible Brummie joke in there somewhere ;) )
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Back in the day, Deadly really got up my nose when he kept commenting about people living beyond their means with a clear inference that he was talking about Leeds United. I thought this was a case of a petty minded, bitter and jealous individual who was tightfisted to boot.

Little did I realise that actually he was spot on as the fruits of the Ridsdale delusion came to pass. :problem: :lolno:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Villan

Post by Villan »

Well, I predicted that both Villa and Leeds would win, and so it transpired. I was not in the least surprised that one of the Small Heath degenerates assaulted Grealish. Trust me, his behaviour is the tip of the iceberg for so many that support that club and the whole world could see just one of the reasons why I detest them. Strong words from me, but formed from a lifetime experience. On to the football then and Grealish gave the perfect reply. Leeds needed the win to stay right in there, and so it transpired. It's a difficult place to go is Bristol. I note that you have a huge match against Sheffield this week. Again, I see no reason why you cannot win it, so I predict a win IF you perform at that level you did against Albion.
I also note that you have to travel to Small Heath in April - please PLEASE stuff them out of sight.
Nil desperandum
Villan

Post by Villan »

Kipper tie - actually quite brilliant! Some kind of Slade/Vic Reeves number. Well done sir.
rigger wrote:
Villan wrote:Not only would deadly have had a home in Poland, he would have owned the coach company that transported the fans to the games there! Deadly's sister met me in a shop in Brum once. I had my Villa top on. She was out shopping to buy him a tie and she asked me to pick it for him. Comedy moment - I found a crappy beige thing. I wonder if he ever wore it! She was all over me like a rash. I thought I 'still had it' until I realised she was about 87. Gawd.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it a "kipper tie" ?
(terrible Brummie joke in there somewhere ;) )
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I predict Villa makes top 6... Grealish and Abraham have telling quality for the run in.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Leicester White wrote:I predict Villa makes top 6... Grealish and Abraham have telling quality for the run in.
Same as.... I just hope they have top 6 secured (or can't mathematically make it) before they visit ER for the penultimate game of the season :silent:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Villan

Post by Villan »

I said I would be impartial, and I am.

I did not think Leeds looked as up for it as they did against Albion. The crowd seemed a little quieter too - which is very odd. Maybe it was just my TV. This against a Sheffield team that was good, but certainly beatable. I forgot though that you had that young gem Clarke - and it was great to see him back on the pitch again. You'll benefit from him in the run in. My Villa boys finally made it into the play off position but we will see if we can stay there. The thought of Villa-Leeds in the play offs is not good. I want you lot up automatically as if we do fail I need you out of the division to give Villa a better chance! Hope that makes sense.

I note that our last two fixtures are away to Leeds United and then home to Norwich City. No pressure then. We could have a huge say in those automatic promotion places - as well as our own play off hopes.

I found a football card in the loft the other day from when I was a kid. Who was the player on that card? A certain TREVOR CHERRY. I liked him - excellent player.

Keep at it lads and lasses and you'll prevail I am sure.

Nil desperandum