Villa viewpoint

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Villa viewpoint

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Received the following from a Villa fan this morning :
Hello,
I am not registered for your Leeds Forum so I could not comment there, but you might feel obliged to pass this on.

I am a Villa fan (of 50 years) and my wife is a Baggies fan. Friday night was one heck of a game and I want to say how incredibly impressed I was not just with Leeds on the field but most importantly off it. The fans were absolutely superb from start to finish. They were a credit to themselves and the club and if a team deserved promotion on the strength of fan loyalty and support then you would be there automatically. Brilliant, well done.

In all my years at Villa Park I have seen fans from all over the world visit us and there are two sets of supporters that will stay in my mind as the best in terms of most vocal and numerically that graced Villa Park with their presence. Those teams were Leeds United and Sunderland. Villa won’t be going up – we have our own battles to fight but I wish Leeds United every success. I have never been to Elland Road (I must do so in my lifetime) but I have driven past it and it looks beautiful. You will not only go up, but you will hold your own in the Premiership.

Best wishes Leeds United.

I've said thanks and wished them luck :)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Villa viewpoint

Post by Selby White »

Fair play, nice to get a genuine football fan giving us credit :clap: :clap: :clap:

rigger wrote:
I've said thanks and wished them luck :)

Just a thought but why not invite him to join the forum, we have a couple of good fans of other Clubs on here and sensible football people whoever they support are more than welcome in my eyes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Just have ..

He sent me another message and seems like a good bloke :)
Villan
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Villan »

Thanks folks - it is my privilege to join this Forum. I have never joined another club's forum in my life (nor do I ever expect to do so again) but I hope you will adopt this Villa fan for a while at least. Maybe an impartial view now and again will be useful. It's your Forum so I won't be on much but I mean what I said. I thought the fans were quite astonishing on Friday evening. The place was rocking and I actually have goose bumps as I write this. THIS is what football is about. Passion, energy and desire on and off the pitch. You fans really want this, so do the players.
My wife loves her football, and is a life long Baggies fan so she was not happy on Friday yet even she admitted that Leeds were brilliant. I grew up with my football cards in the seventies and the likes of Reaney, Clarke, Lorimer and the genius that was Tony Currie were always some of my favourites. Naturally Villa is my club (I am actually from Birmingham, so you know how it goes with your local club) but I will always look out for Leeds. The club and the City - even my two dogs come from Otley - so there you are - you have to adopt me now. Villa and Leeds are massive clubs and whilst we deserve nothing without working for it, the Premiership will always be the better for having us there.
I shall look in now and again and one day visit Elland Road. It looks like a magic place (it used to be formidable in my day and perhaps it is becoming so again) and I shall also tell you that I only drink Yorkshire tea.
From a Holte Ender then to all of you in White - here's to football and football fans. Be good up there.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Ay up, Villan :D

It's always good to hear from good people regardless of what team they follow. Always had a soft spot for Villa anyway, not quite sure why, it stems back to me liking the subbuteo kit and also enjoying AV beat Norwich in the LC Final at Wembley around 74 or 75 I think, with Ray Graydon and Brian Little on form. You trounced us at Wembley in 96 but I remember meeting a few Villa lads before the game - just me and a mate, scarfed up to the nines too, so we weren't sure how it would pan out, if you get my drift. Thankfully it was all good friendly 'Have a good gime mite' (that's a v poor attempt at writing your Brum accent!) :P Cheers!
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Welcome Villan.

Please chip in a little over the remainder of the season. A neutral view is always worth reading, especially when passions run high after a defeat/poor performance.

My first 'Away' jersey was Villa '82. Bought it on my first visit to England when I was 8 years old for the princely sum of £2 in Soccer Scene in London :D

By the way, Villa 6 points from the play-offs, with none of Bristol City, Brum, Derby or Forest playing particularly well... You never know, 11 games left!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I grew up in the midlands, after moving down from Leeds in the late 60's, Bromsgrove to be precise, and followed Bromsgrove Rovers as a kid and through to their demise a few years back. We often played Villa in pre season friendlies, (beating them more than once). A lot of my old school mates were and still are Villa fans, plenty of banter on facebook. Always struck me as a friendly club and saw them play a lot in the 80's as it was cheaper to get a bus to Birmingham than a train to Leeds. i always remember seeing Springsteen at Villa park in 89 and a Villa fan turning to his mate and saying that he'd never seen the holt end so full. Welcome in Villan, its friendly on here and you always know what the lads are having for their tea. :lolno:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

cheffy007 wrote: Welcome in Villan, its friendly on here and you always know what the lads are having for their tea. :lolno:
and where to buy the tastiest chutneys around :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome in :thumbup: Sensible conversation always welcome.... :thumbup:

PS we have a members map... not too many round your way

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=26094 ... oad&add=1#
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:Welcome in :thumbup: Sensible conversation always welcome.... :thumbup:
Silly ones too :shh: :lol: