Villa viewpoint

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Villan
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: Villa viewpoint

Post by Villan »

Well lads and lasses, I am truly sorry that you didn't make it. I lost a bet thinking it would be a Villa-Leeds final. Derby played incredibly well second half and if they play like that and we (the Villa) have not improved considerably on how we played against Albion we'll have no chance of winning at Wembley. My wife is a Baggies fan and barely grunted at me for a few days but she is kind of over it now. If you can keep your players and your manager you'll be bound to be up next season, surely. As an outsider to this esteemed group I just want to say three more things. Firstly, thanks for letting me join. I appreciate that - I have always liked Leeds United. Secondly, I don't share the (understandable) pessimism of some Leeds fans who think the club have blown it and will decline radically. It was just a bad day at the office and you had serious omissions from your team. Thirdly , my best wishes to you all. Chin up! You'll know what I mean when I say I hope we are not playing you next year but I will not call the crocodile a big mouth until I have crossed the river. Never liked Derby County so it will be a big day next Monday.

Nil desperandum friends.
The Villan
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Thanks, mate.

Good luck in the final - I hope Villa win.

The division will be slightly easier with you lot back where you belong and Derby still at their natural level.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Thanks for your genuine comments Villan.

Very best of luck next Monday, I'll be rooting for ye :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I have always liked certain clubs with good tradition and Aston Villa are one of them, I genuinely believe you guys can hammer Derby and to be honest I think if Leeds had got through to the final, AV would have probably squeezed it against us.

Good luck on the 27th.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Villan wrote:Well lads and lasses, I am truly sorry that you didn't make it. I lost a bet thinking it would be a Villa-Leeds final. Derby played incredibly well second half and if they play like that and we (the Villa) have not improved considerably on how we played against Albion we'll have no chance of winning at Wembley. My wife is a Baggies fan and barely grunted at me for a few days but she is kind of over it now. If you can keep your players and your manager you'll be bound to be up next season, surely. As an outsider to this esteemed group I just want to say three more things. Firstly, thanks for letting me join. I appreciate that - I have always liked Leeds United. Secondly, I don't share the (understandable) pessimism of some Leeds fans who think the club have blown it and will decline radically. It was just a bad day at the office and you had serious omissions from your team. Thirdly , my best wishes to you all. Chin up! You'll know what I mean when I say I hope we are not playing you next year but I will not call the crocodile a big mouth until I have crossed the river. Never liked Derby County so it will be a big day next Monday.

Nil desperandum friends.
The Villan
Thank you for your kind words. I always liked Villa and was sad when you went down as the owners destroyed a good club. Imo, you belong in the PL so it would be good to see you back. Plus you would be more of a threat next season. ;)

At least you would somewhat deserve it. Winning 10 in a row for example. Derby would be one of the most undeserved promotions ever!

I hope Grealish scores the winner :thumbup:
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Well done Villa.

Glad that John McGinn scored the winner as he was a very shrewd signing and has proved the differance, lets hope he can step up and do it for Scotland if Steve Clarke picks him.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Backed villa in February got them in a double with Liverpool to win champions league. The big winner yesterday was Ross McCormack.... evidently his wages increase £20k per week as a result of promotion! He’s going nowhere unless villa pay him £3m to leave.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

isrodger wrote:Backed villa in February got them in a double with Liverpool to win champions league. The big winner yesterday was Ross McCormack.... evidently his wages increase £20k per week as a result of promotion! He’s going nowhere unless villa pay him £3m to leave.
It was the same last year
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... a-promoted
Ross McCormack will get a near-£1million bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season, Sky Sports News understands.

The Scotland international has been on loan at Melbourne City in Australia after falling out with Villa boss Steve Bruce.

It is thought McCormack earns more than £2.3m a year while commitments in his deal - which has two years left to run - could result in an automatic increase to more than £3m if Villa win the play-offs.
Yes, his agent obviously works wonders :crazy: . If you think about it, we bought him for £350K, almost sold him when constant contract negotiations were being discussed, gave him a new contract and then sold him to Fulham for £11m, who managed to offload him to Villa for £12M 2 years later where he's spent more of his time out on loan but still on a large wage packet.

Maybe Villa should have lost purely so they can tell Ross next year he gets nothing :lolno: