Aston Villa Ticket Changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Aston Villa Ticket Changes

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Changes to sale process for in demand fixture.

In response to feedback from supporters and due to the significant demand for home tickets that the club is currently experiencing, we have changed the sales process for our final home league game of the season against Aston Villa to make tickets accessible to more Members.

2018/19 Members will each be able to purchase one ticket per Membership and Season Ticket Holders will be unable to buy additional tickets for the fixture.

This decision has been made in an effort to ensure paying Members have a greater chance of getting hold of a ticket for the game – we currently have around 26,000 Members and there are just 7,000 general admission tickets available to purchase, therefore reducing the amount of tickets each Member can purchase opens up the opportunity for more paying Members to be able to attend the game.

Whilst we appreciate this decision may be unpopular with some, we believe that this is a fairer way of operating for this fixture, especially given the recent rise in tickets appearing on resale websites.

The tickets will go on sale to Platinum and Gold members at 9am online, via the LUFC call centre on 0371 334 1992 or in person at the West Stand Ticket Office on Monday 8th April and in the unlikely event that tickets are remaining we will look to release those to Silver Members at a date to be confirmed.

There will be no postal applications available for this game.

*Tickets are subject to availability
PockWhite

Re: Aston Villa Ticket Changes

Post by PockWhite »

Got on site at 9.01.a.m. and was off by 9.06.a.m. with a ticket! :thumbup:
That's the good news, bad news is I'm sat next to dlw10 (soz Dave!!) :lol:
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

PockWhite wrote:Got on site at 9.01.a.m. and was off by 9.06.a.m. with a ticket! :thumbup:
Can't make my mind up about who I feel the most sorry for. :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Got on site at 9.01.a.m. and was off by 9.06.a.m. with a ticket! :thumbup:
I can.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
I can.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
I can.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Now then you pair of cheeky young whippersnappers, just behave theesens will ya! ;)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Despite the uproar about the limitation, the tickets, outside the family stand, have sold out. Not sure how long after 9am that happened. Will the family stand be still available for general sale? Will people be adopting a kid for the day??
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Gutted about the change. As I work every weekend and can only get to midweek games, I've only got silver membership. Can't justify paying for gold membership for half a dozen matches at most. However I had booked the weekend off for the Villa game and now can't get a ticket.

If we do get promoted, I'll probably won't get to any matches, considering how many home midweek games there will be (probably even less than this season) a gold membership is just not worth it. We don't have Sky but thinking of getting Now TV and just paying for a Sky Sports day pass for the Villa game and next season when our games are on. Does anyone else have Now TV and what do you think of it?
Last edited by BrighouseWhite on 09 Apr 2019, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Are they doing silver membership next year or just gold?

NowTV do offers too, plus there are ways to get passes cheaper. It is broadcast at 720p rather than Sky's direct options of 1080p & 4K for sky Q
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Nic wrote:Are they doing silver membership next year or just gold?

NowTV do offers too, plus there are ways to get passes cheaper. It is broadcast at 720p rather than Sky's direct options of 1080p & 4K for sky Q
Sounds to me that if we get promoted the tickets for every match will be just like the Villa game. Platinum and Gold members can get one ticket each and any left go on sale to silver members. They are urging everyone to buy gold memberships to have the best chance of getting a ticket, which of course means an extra £20 from each member and a lot more money for the club.

I've just got to sit down and work out how many midweek home games there will be or if the £50 is better going towards Now TV where it will cover the monthly cost for most of the season. I Know nothing beats being at the game but I'm not paying £50 membership if I can only get to one or two games. When you add the cost of the ticket plus car parking and the rest it'll end up about £80 a match
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.