Last 5 games

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leeds in Tassie
Giddy Kipper

Re: Last 5 games

Post by Leeds in Tassie »

Automatic promotion essential. Nobody would feel safe in the playoffs given the quality teams involved this year. My nightmare is Leeds needing 2points from the last game, getting held to a draw, making the playoff final and losing it. Heart has been broken by Leeds so many times, I don’t think the old heart could take it!
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Yes we can!!!

There are no easy games in the championship and it has been proved over and over this season with many teams in the mix up until Norwich, ourselves and Sheffield United started putting good results together. We have some tough games ahead of us still regardless of the teams we face.

I'm delighted we have secured a play-off spot because even under Monk we failed to do so, under Grayson we also failed and they were the best two managers/coaches we have had in a long time. We certainly need to win against Wednesday and Wigan at home.... That is 100% a must to help put added pressure on Sheffield and hopefully Norwich slip up a few times more so we can overcome them too. I am not personally bothered about getting first place but it would be a big bonus. our emphasis is to try and avoid the dreaded play-off's now that we are in this so much sought after position.

5 games to go equates to 40 million per game as i would also see each of these games like i would if they were in the premiership it's how much they are worth.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Given two of the next three games are on Sky this means that Sheffield Utd will be playing before we do, does this help or hinder us?

My way of thinking is it puts more pressure on Sheffield to win each game so they can put the pressure back on us.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Well down to four games left and Sheffield kick off in both their games before us as on Friday they play Forest at 12.30pm.

Then on monday the are away to Hull at 3pm before we play Brentford in the evening kick off.

Has the pressure got to them and with suspensions and injuries piling up have they got it takes to put pressure on us.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Well down to four games left and Sheffield kick off in both their games before us as on Friday they play Forest at 12.30pm.

Then on monday the are away to Hull at 3pm before we play Brentford in the evening kick off.

Has the pressure got to them and with suspensions and injuries piling up have they got it takes to put pressure on us.
And as the Villa game has been moved to Sunday we'll know the result before kick-off
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I wonder if we could nick the title ??

Norwich will hopefully be on the beach mentally, so you never know ...
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:I wonder if we could nick the title ??

Be interesting to see how they do against Wednesday who I think can trouble anyone (just no us :D).
They have a couple of tricky away fixtures at Stoke and Villa.

Never say never but priority is staying above Sheff Utd.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

We could in theory win promotion at Brentford provided we beat Wigan and the blades draw with Forest and Hull meaning if we win at Brentford we would be 7 points clear with 2 games left.

Winning at Brentford where we havent won since 1957 will take some doing but this side have shown the can do the impossible.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Winning at Brentford where we havent won since 1957 will take some doing but this side have shown the can do the impossible.
1957, well at least I can say in my life time I've never seen us win at Brentford YET. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:I wonder if we could nick the title ??

Norwich and Sheff.U both dropped points this weekend, so who knows. I guess we can still dream. The lowest Norwich can go is 3rd now, and they have a tough match against Wednesday, who will probably watch to bounce back from two defeats.