Wigan ticket

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Pidge1969
Terry Venables's car dealer

Wigan ticket

Post by Pidge1969 »

Hello, I’m after a single ticket to the Wigan games if anyone can’t make it and wants to sell??
Thanks
Mark
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Wigan ticket

Post by isrodger »

Hi so am I ... ideally two!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Me and the missus had a holiday booked for the next two weeks, even though it meant missing one home game, the Wigan one. However how this season is going we're now just going next week, can't miss any home games. Good luck in finding some.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I know I say this every time folk are asking for tickets, but there are always tickets going around on twitter.

NEVER pay up front though, always meet at the ground if possible.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
lufcenfrance
Giddy Kipper

Post by lufcenfrance »

Hi Barlow Boy,

Thanks for the tip for twitter have any specific channels/people who put em for sale?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

lufcenfrance wrote:Hi Barlow Boy,

Thanks for the tip for twitter have any specific channels/people who put em for sale?
Just browse twitter pal, and follow as many Leeds fans as possible, obviously use #lufc in the search engine bit too.

As mentioned though, NEVER send any money online, only meet at the ground and even then be very careful.

Good luck :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Barlow Boy wrote:
lufcenfrance wrote:Hi Barlow Boy,

Just browse twitter pal, and follow as many Leeds fans as possible, obviously use #lufc in the search engine bit too.

As mentioned though, NEVER send any money online, only meet at the ground and even then be very careful.

Good luck :thumbup:
You do get them for sale in the FB groups too. Scammers are everywhere, though on the FB groups if someone has been scammed before they get called out.

Check their history too - are they regularly posting tickets, if they've sold tickets before and you can see other users enquiring about them, DM them to ask on their experience.

As to buying in person, if its spare tickets then meeting on match day is good, but if someone is selling because they can no longer go I doubt they will meet on match day.

Also lufcenfrance, would I be right in assuming you are travelling far to go?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote: As to buying in person, if its spare tickets then meeting on match day is good, but if someone is selling because they can no longer go I doubt they will meet on match day.
It’s usually a mate selling for a mate at the ground, genuine Leeds fans know that people will not send money online so they have no choice if they want to sell the ticket.

I’ve seen a few Brentford tickets going around but all snapped up now, but they were willing to meet people beforehand or were sending their tickets with mates to sell at the ground.
lufcenfrance
Giddy Kipper

Post by lufcenfrance »

Yes, travelling far from south of France. I was meant to have a ticket but friend couldn't come through in the end so left facing either the pub (which isn't so bad as I'm used to watching it home alone) or the luck of going to ER!! Here's to hoping, thanks for the tips.