PFA Championship Team Of The Season 2018-19

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

PFA Championship Team Of The Season 2018-19

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Well, here it is :

Pontus, Coops and Pablo all feature which is fair enough, I guess.
Phillips could've had a shout while Alioski only really became consistent after moving to left back where his Roberto Carlos impersonation has made more of an impact.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: PFA Championship Team Of The Season 2018-19

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

At least its the players who voted unlike the EFL team of the year where it was the 24 championship managers who voted.

Well done to Pontus,Cooper and Pablo for being respetced by the opposition players over the season.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Does anybody else still feel nervy when Coops is exposed though ??
I was surprised by his selection.
I know he's come on leaps and bounds this season, but it still feels like he's got a mistake in him every match :wtf:
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:Does anybody else still feel nervy when Coops is exposed though ??
I know he's come on leaps and bounds this season, but it still feels like he's got a mistake in him every match :wtf:
I have (cruelly I suppose) always called him Calamity Cooper and in many ways surprised to see him picked as Skipper. But then, what do I know? Marcelo Bielsa has stuck with him.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I think Cooper is one of our big success stories this season and pleased for him.
As for name calling of our players i find childish and uncalled for. Doesn't belong on a excellent forum like this one, just spoils serious debate.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

He is so different to last season and I assume it is memory of that time that skews a viewpoint. Is it the buttered toast scenario - as you expect him to make a mistake, you remember the matches where he does rather than matches where he does not make any. We have quite a few players who have improved greatly this season compared to last, though occasionally the old player reemerges, and fans get on the back of the player when it does rather than celebrating the times when they excel. I have a couple of blokes behind me, unfortunately season ticket holders, who more moan the mistakes than celebrate the successes.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

[quote="Selby White"]I think Cooper is one of our big success stories this season and pleased for him.
As for name calling of our players i find childish and uncalled for. Doesn't belong on a excellent forum like this one, just spoils serious debate.[/quote

I completely agree with your point about name calling and the quality of this forum. I will cease forthwith. Apologies to anyone offended
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
I have (cruelly I suppose) always called him Calamity Cooper and in many ways surprised to see him picked as Skipper. But then, what do I know? Marcelo Bielsa has stuck with him.
I've heard him called alot worse. :angel: Tbf to him, in the limited games i have seen, he has been decent this season. Keeping the ball on the floor and dominating for long periods as definitely helped him out. Marcelo Bielsa obviously rates him highly. Great to see Hernandez get recognised for his contribution in attack. And Pontus is to me, what Berardi is to everyone else.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Have to say I'm a Cooper fan. All CB will make some mistakes (or be outwitted by the best forwards in the division) but Cooper has been consistently good all season, more so than Pontus I would say - he's saved his bacon on many ocassions. I think Phillips should have been in there too and if Alioski had played a team left-back all year he could well have been in too.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Nic

Post by Nic »

Norwich and Leeds had 3 players each, with Sheff.U and Villa having 2 - so if any additional players were included, it would likely be at the expense of one of the players we already have in there. Just the PL one is dominated by Man City and Liverpool. They have the 'borough keeper in goal, but could have easily had the blunts GK, who has concede as many/few but kept an additional clean sheet, but maybe that would have been too much dominated by top 3 teams.