Which are the rules of the playoffs?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
twalkden
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Which are the rules of the playoffs?

Post by twalkden »

Am I right in thinking away goals count for nothing in the playoffs, and it's just down to the overall score over 2 legs?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

twalkden wrote:Am I right in thinking away goals count for nothing in the playoffs, and it's just down to the overall score over 2 legs?
Yes.
That's why they have pens if it's a tie, no matter the away goal situation.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Re play off semi finals. Been made aware that it is not definite that if #lufc finish the season in 3rd that they will play first the following Saturday. Police & safety issues have to be taken into account along with rivalries which could mean the 4th v 5th game plays first.

That of course has knock on effects for the 2nd leg which the first tie plays on Tuesday & the second tie on the Wednesday. FL say they will try to finalise details ASAP once the teams are known after Sunday’s conclusion to the regular campaign after speaking to relevant parties
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Re play off semi finals. Been made aware that it is not definite that if #lufc finish the season in 3rd that they will play first the following Saturday. Police & safety issues have to be taken into account along with rivalries which could mean the 4th v 5th game plays first.

That of course has knock on effects for the 2nd leg which the first tie plays on Tuesday & the second tie on the Wednesday. FL say they will try to finalise details ASAP once the teams are known after Sunday’s conclusion to the regular campaign after speaking to relevant parties
TBH I hope they do as a Wednesday home game suits me and we would know who the other finalist would be.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Leeds United look set to play their Championship play-off semi-final legs at 5.15pm on May 11 and 7.45pm on May 15.

EFL has confirmed the teams finishing third and sixth in the division will take the late slot on Saturday, May 15 and then the Wednesday night slot in the following week.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Leeds United look set to play their Championship play-off semi-final legs at 5.15pm on May 11 and 7.45pm on May 15.

EFL has confirmed the teams finishing third and sixth in the division will take the late slot on Saturday, May 15 and then the Wednesday night slot in the following week.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

(I work late on Tuesdays and its been a pain trying to get someone to swap :sick: