Bamford two match ban

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Bamford two match ban

Post by MOT1964 »

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... eds-united

Club responds to Patrick Bamford two-match ban

Whilst Patrick Bamford did not deny the charge of successful deception of a match official following our Sky Bet Championship game against Aston Villa on Sunday, the club did request a hearing to contest the penalty imposed on the player.

The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

We acknowledge that the FA panel did not feel that to be reasonable and the club therefore joins Patrick in accepting the two-match ban.

Bamford will miss our final game of the 2018/19 campaign away to Ipswich Town as well as the first leg of our Play-Off semi-final.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Bamford two match ban

Post by DominanceUK »

MOT1964 wrote:https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... eds-united

Club responds to Patrick Bamford two-match ban

Whilst Patrick Bamford did not deny the charge of successful deception of a match official following our Sky Bet Championship game against Aston Villa on Sunday, the club did request a hearing to contest the penalty imposed on the player.

The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

We acknowledge that the FA panel did not feel that to be reasonable and the club therefore joins Patrick in accepting the two-match ban.

Bamford will miss our final game of the 2018/19 campaign away to Ipswich Town as well as the first leg of our Play-Off semi-final.
Should be a lesson learnt.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

He deserves his ban, no question. I can't understand though how no Villa player is in any kind of trouble after their parts in that melee. It's absolutely outrageous.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Deserves the ban and in truth Bamford will be missed but i don't think it will have a huge impact on us. So long as he is around for the second leg and the final i am not too bothered about it. Just disappointed the FA don't take action against the Villa players who went over the top in their reaction.

Stuart Atwell should also be cautioned for not controlling the situation as this is his duty as a paid employee of the FA. So many people in the FA and FL always blame the teams for not controlling their players but sometimes when there is a very questionable and inept referee and his assistants involved players will sense the weakness and go that little bit further in what they can get away with, I know i and other players did when i used to play. The referee should be unbiased, strict but fair. when a team sees a referee giving all the calls to one team or dismissing blatant fouls or penalty appeals then he is in essence citing more trouble. This always comes back on the players while referee's get away with it. The FA are not wanting to be seen as bad recruiters hence we rarely see any form of punishments on referee's when they have a terrible game. The ref is a human being and everyone is entitled to an odd error in a game or misplaced call but he also has two assistants and a fourth official to help him make unbiased decisions.

This is not an anti FA thing for me neither is it everyone hates Leeds United. Bamford 110% deserves his ban. My issue is no one is willing to take a look at the referee's lack of control.
Deleted User 2066

Post by Deleted User 2066 »

Absolute disgraceful, not only should he be banned for the two games that the EFL stated but in addition go to give talks on unfair play to the youth academies explaining why is wrong to simulate a foul. Black mark on you Bamford, you are paid to play football at the highest level to not to try and
collect awards in acting.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

No excuse for Bamford but clearly double standards here. Grealish spent the whole game on his arse simulating fouls that never existed, and how no Villa players have been punished for their disgraceful actions following our goal is a absolute travesty. It's not that Leeds have been singled out, it's that Villa have walked away with nothing.

From a practical point of view I do think we will miss Bamford. He has the best goal to minutes played ratio in the side and Roofe just isn't doing it at the moment. Step forward Pablo, because it's going to be down to you to score the goals (but don't take the penalty if we get one!)
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

phil62 wrote:...Step forward Pablo, because it's going to be down to you to score the goals...
Klich's due a 20 yard screamer soon... :D Although someone here mentioned Forshaw for a big winner. Why not? :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay