Bielsa Stay or Go

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Will Marcelo be here at the start of next season

Poll ended at 23 May 2019, 15:26

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 76

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Bielsa Stay or Go

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Great news about MB staying.

:clap: :clap:
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Delighted Andrea Radrizzani has issued a rallying call to staff, players and fans for next season’s promotion push with Marcelo Bielsa at the helm.

The Whites have announced the Argentine has signed a one-year extension to his Elland Road deal with unfinished business in the Championship ahead.

In a statement following the announcement, Radrizzani thanked everyone involved with the club for their role in 2018/19, which saw the club finish third.

The Italian chief, who was linked with Qatar Sports Investments on Saturday night, also called on players, staff and fans to give more once again with the Premier League goal so close.

“As the dust settles on the campaign that has passed, I can reflect and say it was a good season and I’d like to thank all fans, staff and all friends related to Leeds United for their continued support,” he said.

“We were close and next season we will work harder to achieve our goal.

“The players have made me proud every week and the staff at Thorp Arch and Elland Road have gone above and beyond day after day to ensure we are a well run football club at the heart of the community.

“A special mention also for the academy and for their achievements over the past two years, the quality of the home-grown talent we have seen this year is outstanding.

“Finally, the support from our fans has been the best in the country once again.

“So, let’s have another go. I am delighted Marcelo has agreed to stay for another year. We have unfinished business.

“Enjoy your summer and next year once again we all need to give more, the players, the staff and all of the fans because our goal is close.”
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Best signing we could have made.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Great news! I have to admit i do questions a couple of his Team Selections/Tactics later in the campaign, but i'm sure he's learnt just as much about English Football this season as our players have learnt from him tactics wise. Here's to hitting the ground running next year.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Great news, best signing we could make.

Importantly MB must be aware of who our transfer targets are and who, if anybody, we need to sell to finance those, and ges comfortable enough with that situation to sign the deal.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Wonderful news!!!

I'm immediately off to put a tenner on us winning the league this season. As a Leeds fan I feel it's important to put as much strain on your relationship as the club as possible, and always allow them the biggest opportunity to disappoint you at the final hurdle.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Great news ........ and I'm so happy to have been wrong in my poll prediction. :clap:

MOT.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Interesting tweets from Adam Pope:-

With Profit & Sustainability issues being a key factor Bielsa is realistic about the transfer policy and that the days of buying several players worth £10m plus are no longer so the loan market will be a key part of the club’s recruitment strategy. Club prepared to back him.

Bielsa feels his squad is now better than the one he inherited & believes there is another crop of Academy players who can supplement the first team in the way Jamie Shackleton & Jack Clarke have shown over the past year

Thorp Arch will undergo further improvements including recommissioning the swimming pool, installing a 1km running track, remote controlled filming of training & upgrading the dressing rooms to mirror Elland Road.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Austin91 wrote:Great news! I have to admit i do questions a couple of his Team Selections/Tactics later in the campaign, but i'm sure he's learnt just as much about English Football this season as our players have learnt from him tactics wise. Here's to hitting the ground running next year.

I agree, the fellas a genius, however maybe he has a little too much belief in his ability to get the best out of players when maybe there actually not quite good enough. Jack Harrison being a point in question, and maybe cooper who’s excelled, however has to be on his absolute A game to be a solid performer?

In terms of his tactics maybe a philoposy of consolidation might have served us well when leading against Wigan & Derby - that said you can’t legislate for how we were defensively so appalling.