James Milner

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

James Milner

Post by mapperleywhite »

Now that Vincent Kompany has gone to Anderlecht attention can turn to another out of contract player in 'Millie'.

He's 33 and he'd love to be part, captain even, of the Leeds side that gets promoted to the Prmiership at the end of his career. His high fitness level would suit Bielsa/Corberan's regime whilst passing his vast experience on, especially to our promising youngsters.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: James Milner

Post by johnh »

Milner could be our 'Bobby Collins'. Good shout that.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Only ex player I'd like to see back.

At least 3 good seasons left in him, good shout.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

He was one of the main reasons Liverpool played at a tempo that Barcelona couldn't live with in the second leg and there's every chance that he'll start the final. To that end, I'm not sure he'll be ready to drop a division yet. We'd have had more chance if we'd got promoted though. But is central midfield actually an area we need to strengthen anyway? I'd say there were other priorities. If we go up next year though, I'd definitely be looking to bring him in for the season after.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

If Liverpool win the Champions League, and I sincerely hope they do, then James should come home next season. His Mum and Dad live 5 minutes walk away from me and James is often back at Horsforth St Margaret's, his boyhood club, and the one I have run teams at since my boys we're 6 - I'm now up to U-16 with my youngest!

He is a model professional with a media career guaranteed when he finishes playing - his parents ensured he got all his exams and he is no fool. I am absolutely sure Leeds could tempt him back for next season and he could definitely inspire Leeds to promotion next year - James and Bielsa would marry well - he's dedicated and conscientious. What a story that would be. I think he'd come for nothing. His hairdresser, and mine, said he was on 9 million pa in his City days - he doesn't need the money.

Come home James and finish your career with a flourish.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Costy

Post by Costy »

I think he'd rather have one more crack at getting a premier league winner's medal first.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Costy wrote:I think he'd rather have one more crack at getting a premier league winner's medal first.
Think he already has a couple with Man City. Not sure though.
Costy

Post by Costy »

Of course. Forgot about his time with them! What s career he's had. I'll forgive him for not staying with us.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Wigan White wrote:
Costy wrote:I think he'd rather have one more crack at getting a premier league winner's medal first.
Think he already has a couple with Man City. Not sure though.
Mille got Premier League winner's medals when Man City won the title in 2011-12 and 2013-14
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

As I said Costy he's out of contract this summer. Let's hope he gets a Champions League winner's medal to add to his Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup ones.