2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:Just saw we sold Oduor to Barnsley for undisclosed fee... was he good enough? I have not seen him many times.
Where is that reported, not seen it yet ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
superfox wrote:Just saw we sold Oduor to Barnsley for undisclosed fee... was he good enough? I have not seen him many times.
Where is that reported, not seen it yet ?
Forget that question its on the Barnsley website
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

How many loan players can play at once?
This is where the limits come in, as a maximum of five loan players can be included on the 18-man teamsheet for any one match. Should a team bring in an emergency goalkeeper this is reduced to four players. There are also different rules for international loans - which have been outlined below.

Full article here https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-16509458
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Selby White wrote:
judy wrote: Also the 2 lads who were supposed to be coming from Inter Milan - I thought the defender was all agreed etc yesterday, but apparently we’re not getting either now
Where did you hear it was agreed ? just one of many rumours is all I read, certainly nothing from either Club.
I read it yesterday on Newsnow. https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/07/r ... o-colidio/
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Oh 5 is good for us then if not a bit sad .you have to respect teams who dont have loans though ..
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

rigger wrote:5 I think ..
The goalie isnt included, as it's a foreign loan.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think anyone moaning about loans needs to step back and look at the bigger picture. Since the academy system was overhauled the whole concept of youth development has changed - players no longer stay at one club, playing for the reserves and then pushing on. There's too many kids at the big academies to make this feasible so they play age groups first, then lower league loans or straight to our division of they're sufficiently developed either physically or technically, then either abroad to a top tier side or to a lesser club in the prem then they might get a sniff at their mother club.
Most of the promoted sides from the last few seasons have gone down this road, some signing the players permanently others refreshing with a new batch. I'd go so far as to say it's the clubs who play this market the best that stand the best chance of getting up each year.

We've come along way from the likes of Roque Jr so don't think of the process that way anymore. This is the future. It's just taken us longer than most to realise it. Yes, we are Leeds United but we need to 'unsnob' ourselves or we'll never achieve what we want to with these kids.

On another note, anyone else feeling old after looking at Eddie's photos today - he looks about 13!!
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Looking at the rivals, it's astonishing how many players Fulham, Stoke and West Brom got in - they certainly mean business.
Luckily that means nothing in this division, and I have some doubts about Parker or Bilic as managers, still it will be a very tough season.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Well I'm pretty happy with the transfers. We replaced Roofe with someone who is ,apparently a better player. Yes still to be proven but a couple of Arsenal mates really thought he should have been given a chance in the first team there, even with what they have. White looks a good player and Costa has already shown what he can do in this league. Clarke is still here for the season and Harrison should kick on from last season. We got rid of a lot of surplus costs and best of all we kept Phillips. Any money there then it could be used in the Jan window. Liverpool wanted to sell Kent not loan him and no one came in. If we still need him then Jan could be the time to get him at the right price.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote: On another note, anyone else feeling old after looking at Eddie's photos today - he looks about 13!!
I have a glance at the programme in the Pavilion before the games, and the players have their dates of births next to their names, they are generally in the 90’s and even some in the noughties.

Having been born in 1971, that definitely makes me feel old.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.