2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 5081

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:I can't see him leaving.
I think there's more chance of Bielsa walking than him letting Phillips go to another club no matter how big the offer ..

He's let enough talent go.
Get another centre-half in and get on with the job. We've got enough players IF we bring in a quality replacement for the Swede.
I think Bielsa leaving is a huge possibility of happening after a month or two of the season if things don't go to plan with how the team work out.

I know i sound a little negative here but I think if Bielsa walks and the team are not performing well, the reaction of the fans will instantly turn on Radz and in some ways i wouldn't blame them. I know its all hypothetical but this is not far from the reality of how fans are feeling right now.

I want Radz plan to work out and Bielsa to be his right hand man in getting us to the Premiership as I do think they have a good relationship and it works for now, so it isn't all bad, but if they sell Philipps and Roofe, I think we will be a mid table team once again even under Bielsa's magical influence. This would be a huge disaster and Bielsa would walk and Radz will probably sell up.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are reportedly interested in signing Fenerbahce striker Michael Frey this summer with reports suggesting that the Swiss striker wants a move to England – which has prompted Fener fans to urge him to stay.

Frey, 24, has been linked with Leeds for much of the summer. Back in June, Belgian outlet DH claimed Leeds were rivalling Vincent Kompany’s Anderlecht and Belgian champions Genk for Frey – at a fee of £3.6million.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are set to battle it out with the likes of Manchester City and Spurs to sign 15-year-old Linfield wonderkid midfielder Charlie Allen. (Belfast Telegraph)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

blackbox2342 wrote:Leeds United are set to battle it out with the likes of Manchester City and Spurs to sign 15-year-old Linfield wonderkid midfielder Charlie Allen. (Belfast Telegraph)
https://tbrfootball.com/david-healy-cou ... sfer-race/

Nine teams are reported to be interested in the youngster.
But could Leeds have a big advantage in who the youngster’s current manager is?

The current boss at Linfield is David Healy, a former Leeds United player.
so maybe we have a bigger chance ....
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Interesting about Healy connection but another one for the u23 it seems! We need some senior signings.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Phil147 wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the thread but Cahill has been seen at Thorp Arch. This was by one of the contractors working there...
Blimey, that'd be quite a big signing if true. Can't imagine he'd be on low wages but a top replacement for Pontus. And he's nice and tall too. ;)

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

29m
not sure where the Cahill story has come from but he won’t be signing.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

MOT1964 wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
Phil147 wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the thread but Cahill has been seen at Thorp Arch. This was by one of the contractors working there...
Blimey, that'd be quite a big signing if true. Can't imagine he'd be on low wages but a top replacement for Pontus. And he's nice and tall too. ;)

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

29m
not sure where the Cahill story has come from but he won’t be signing.
I'm not sure he would have the legs for Bielsa anyway.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

It was evident we don't have enough money for Cahill.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:It was evident we don't have enough money for Cahill.
Someone started an Internet rumour as per the vast majority of players we get linked with every close season.
Enough money or not doubt he will play anywhere but the Prem.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

Nic wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Leeds United are set to battle it out with the likes of Manchester City and Spurs to sign 15-year-old Linfield wonderkid midfielder Charlie Allen. (Belfast Telegraph)
https://tbrfootball.com/david-healy-cou ... sfer-race/

Nine teams are reported to be interested in the youngster.
But could Leeds have a big advantage in who the youngster’s current manager is?

The current boss at Linfield is David Healy, a former Leeds United player.
so maybe we have a bigger chance ....

Maybe even bigger than you think when you also consider we have two current full N.I. Internationals in BPF and Stuart Dallas.