2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Nic »

whiteinfrance wrote:Yes I have been very impressed by White so far :thumbup:
Hmm Jann-who, hopefully the defensive crisis being banded around t'old social media will die down.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Seeing more reports of Klich leaving. Only one year left on his contract. Conceivable club would cash in.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

blackbox2342 wrote:Seeing more reports of Klich leaving. Only one year left on his contract. Conceivable club would cash in.
His contract includes the option for a 1 year extension.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

In a recent interview apparently ORTA is saying continuity is the key

Continuity in terms of manager and core of the squad

Fair enough but Bielsa said that last season's players would not be able to sustain their level of performance for another season?
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Still a good few free agents about. https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... w-16623499
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Would be surprised if anyone else came in now given MB likes time working with his players.
The two good signings Costa and White I hope add something to the team.
Can't wait for the real stuff to start.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Selby White wrote:Would be surprised if anyone else came in now given MB likes time working with his players.
But in reallity is that enough? And if we lose Klich, that huge loss in my opinion. He can be reckless but he does this also in a good way - 10 goals 8 assists. Cant see anyone taking over his role.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

saihtam wrote:
Selby White wrote:Would be surprised if anyone else came in now given MB likes time working with his players.
But in reallity is that enough? And if we lose Klich, that huge loss in my opinion. He can be reckless but he does this also in a good way - 10 goals 8 assists. Cant see anyone taking over his role.
We've not lost Klich yet, will worry about that if and when it happens.

Is it enough ? Who knows think it'll depend on how the academy players step up when called up. We appear to have a lot of talent on the verge of breaking through. They already play to MB's system something we can't be certain new signing will be comfortable with.
Saying that I may be wrong and someone could come in I just personally doubt it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:
saihtam wrote:
We've not lost Klich yet, will worry about that if and when it happens.

Is it enough ? Who knows think it'll depend on how the academy players step up when called up. We appear to have a lot of talent on the verge of breaking through. They already play to MB's system something we can't be certain new signing will be comfortable with.
Saying that I may be wrong and someone could come in I just personally doubt it.
Remember last season when we had a spate of injuries to the goalkeepers meaning we could be without a senior keeper, Orta etc wanted to look at an emergency loan, but Bielsa was not having any of it. The U23 did very well last season, if injuries strike Bielsa will be bringing in youth players to make up the numbers, they'll probably fair better than any loan player who comes in over the next month and unable to get to grip with Bielsa system.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Its not enough by a long way , sold over £20million in players and bought a lad from Carlisle and got more players in on Loan..
That is not commitment at all..