2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

An old customer of mine told me how he went to Florida with his family years ago and went to take a look at Tampa Bay Rowdies' ground as they were in the area.
He went to reception with the lad and had a look around and jokingly asked if Rodney was in (he was the owner at the time I think, or maybe the CEO). The woman behind the desk said "I'll just check - hold on" and before he could stop her he was on his way down !
He took them on a tour of the stadium and then they had lunch in one of its corporate restaurants.

He'd never met him before, he just said it as an off the cuff remark.

Now that's a classy guy :)
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Spoof, that brings back memories.

We used to play that a lot years back. Called it Coins rather than Spoof I think.

The more beer you had the funnier the game got.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:An old customer of mine told me how he went to Florida with his family years ago and went to take a look at Tampa Bay Rowdies' ground as they were in the area.
He went to reception with the lad and had a look around and jokingly asked if Rodney was in (he was the owner at the time I think, or maybe the CEO). The woman behind the desk said "I'll just check - hold on" and before he could stop her he was on his way down !
He took them on a tour of the stadium and then they had lunch in one of its corporate restaurants.

He'd never met him before, he just said it as an off the cuff remark.

Now that's a classy guy :)
And there was me thinking of 'Miami Twice' from Only Fools and Horses!!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sovietmule wrote:Spoof, that brings back memories.

We used to play that a lot years back. Called it Coins rather than Spoof I think.

The more beer you had the funnier the game got.
The guy who owned the club was dubbed ‘Champagne Charlie ‘ I cant recall him ever getting beat at spoof :? . Bowles & Marsh were at that time two of the best players around, real entertainers but genuinely nice guys. Mind the whole QPR side was quality full of internationals, happy days.
Winner of the Europa League
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

i saw this on newsnow:
according to the dailymil.co.uk:
Fulham eyeing up move for Leeds United's Adam Forshaw as manager Scott Parker looks to bolster his midfield ahead of the new season

Fulham are showing interest in Leeds United midfielder Adam Forshaw
Forshaw, 27, joined Leeds for £4.5million from Middlesbrough in January 2018
Scott Parker views him as a player who can help Fulham dominate possession.
thoughts????
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Inconsistent and injury prone. Get our money back for him and I'd sell. Not even sure what his position is and he never runs a game like Phillips or Hernandez sometimes do, in their different ways. I think Klich has been better and he's been patchy himself.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

yeah rigger i agree.
he had one or two great games last season ,but generally i felt he was average at best and if this article is true then i would be happy to sell him on, especially if we could make a small profit on him.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:Inconsistent and injury prone. Get our money back for him and I'd sell. Not even sure what his position is and he never runs a game like Phillips or Hernandez sometimes do, in their different ways. I think Klich has been better and he's been patchy himself.
Absolutely spot on, Rigz. As much as I like the guy he is injury prone. Shackleton is the future.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

In front of the back four, Forshaw is very good, but when we played him further up field he was anonymous.

A lot will depend on the Phillips situation, we lose him and Forshaw could becomes an important player for us.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Personally, I'd sell Phillips if it was 20m or more. I'd happily swap him for 2 x 10m players - one to replace him and a decent striker. I'd prefer it if it was Clarke because I believe he is overrated, but if it means bolstering the squad with a new striker I'd go for it. Phillips has had one good season - it could easily go tits up next year - he's not Billy Bremner.

We had Phillips this year and we didn't make it.

Also, I'm a bit bemused by the criticism of Bamford and the implication that he has been a failure. He played half the season after two bad injuries and still weighed in with a decent number of goals. I think he'll be a key player for us next year as Woods was on his second season.

Opinions?
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”