2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:According to tonight’s WYS daily, and in particular Angus Kinnear, a new deal for Phillips will be announced shortly.
This is due to be announced tomorrow :thumbup:
Telegraph are saying he’s signed a 5 year deal. :clap:

https://twitter.com/telefootball/status ... 59713?s=21
More important than any new signings is to keep your star player in my opinion :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I mean, it's good news and all that but a signed contract might just mean the club is in better position to receive better fee for him if we choose to sell or KP wants to leave - in other words, we must go up or I think he will be off. This isn't me criticising the club or the player (as if, I've always backed him even when his second touch was almost always a tackle :P )
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I mean, it's good news and all that but a signed contract might just mean the club is in better position to receive better fee for him if we choose to sell or KP wants to leave - in other words, we must go up or I think he will be off. This isn't me criticising the club or the player (as if, I've always backed him even when his second touch was almost always a tackle :P )
Sound analysis. Good move by the club but more so than ever now the contract is not worth the paper it is written on. It does mean 100% that he remains at the club for 5 years nor does it mean that next year his agent will not be knocking on the door for improved terms or touting him around to other clubs. This is the way of the world :lolno:
Keep The Faith / WAL
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Almost certainly will have a get out clause if we don't go up this year, which is fair enough, done well to get an extra year out of him at this level.
He was at Alton Towers yesterday with Ben White, my daughter got a photo with him, great lad.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I'm certain Phillps wants to play for Leeds and just wanted a fair deal.

But yes its reasonable and fair for him to move up a division if we fail to gain promotion, lets hope that's not an issue. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kalvin Phillips signing a new 5 year deal now confirmed by the club :thumbup:...

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... w-contract
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Great news for AR. He now knows if we don't go up the Costa money is in the bag. What.. That's show business folks. :mrgreen:
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

It was an awesome news that KP decided to stick with us.. We have a number of players plying their trade elsewhere and i hope this is the beginning of a new era

:)
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

A post on Facebook by the YEP yesterday morning said 2 players are in contract talks. I hope the other one is Dallas
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

BrighouseWhite wrote:A post on Facebook by the YEP yesterday morning said 2 players are in contract talks. I hope the other one is Dallas
Dallas and Klich have both said contract talks are on going.