2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

Luke Ayling signs new contract until 2023.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

And here lies the issue biggest issue with football nowadays. We sign 2 players for wages in excess of £30k per week, we quite rightly reward an academy graduate with a salary commensurate with his value, and in order to maintain squad harmony; a degree of wage parity, we are rewarding players who won’t be good enough to play in the premiership with 4 year contracts on presumably significantly higher terms. It is a very difficult call, however under Radz we sometimes appear to needlessly reward players, which ultimately has resulted in our wage bill more than double whilst the squad quality is more or less the same.

I note with interest, and a wry smile Huddersfield’s wage bill last year was in excess of £70m. All the retained players are somewhat dismayed as their wages have now been reduced by 40%. They have loaned Mooy out, for no fee just in order to fully recoup his wages. Prior to him going he signed a new deal, one which his wages will account for 50% of their gate revenue next season. They might be lucky to give him away next season! :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Liam Cooper out for 6 weeks (groin).

Jamie Shackleton out for 4 weeks (hamstring)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Barlow Boy wrote:Liam Cooper out for 6 weeks (groin).

That bodes well for Millwall (Matt Smith) away with berardi as a stand in :oops:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Liam Cooper out for 6 weeks (groin).

That bodes well for Millwall (Matt Smith) away with berardi as a stand in :oops:
Jamie is even smaller than me........ wouldn't matter against Smith!

;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Watched Engerland this evening, and yes, an easy victory.

However, I was most impressed by the Bulgarian midfielder who came on at half time.

Bozhidar Kraev, the 22 year old crazy haired lad who plays in Portugal for Gil Vicente ......... cool on the ball, hard in the tackle, and clever with his passing.

Get this lad signed up now!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

yorkfan wrote:Watched Engerland this evening, and yes, an easy victory.

However, I was most impressed by the Bulgarian midfielder who came on at half time.

Bozhidar Kraev, the 22 year old crazy haired lad who plays in Portugal for Gil Vicente ......... cool on the ball, hard in the tackle, and clever with his passing.

Of course that's the area of the pitch we are lacking players in :wtf:

Don't get all this see a player "sign him up" or a player has a few bad games "get rid". Maybe that's why people on twitter are getting excited at QSI with £ signs in their eyes.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Nic wrote:
yorkfan wrote:Watched Engerland this evening, and yes, an easy victory.

Of course that's the area of the pitch we are lacking players in :wtf:

Don't get all this see a player "sign him up" or a player has a few bad games "get rid". Maybe that's why people on twitter are getting excited at QSI with £ signs in their eyes.
Tbf, we do still need a Saiz replacement/Pablo heir.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Nketiah voicing his frustrations at his lack of game time after his hat trick yesterday. I know Bielsa likes to stick with his usual XI, but with the recent run of results and lack of conversions by Bamford, I can’t help but feel we should be throwing this inform lad in. I know those will argue Bielsa knows best, but you can’t argue with the goals he’s scoring for the U21’s or when he turns out for us for more than 3 minutes.

Can’t help but feel we may lose him due to his loan being cut short if he doesn’t start getting the minutes.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Fernandopartridge wrote:Nketiah voicing his frustrations at his lack of game time after his hat trick yesterday. I know Bielsa likes to stick with his usual XI, but with the recent run of results and lack of conversions by Bamford, I can’t help but feel we should be throwing this inform lad in. I know those will argue Bielsa knows best, but you can’t argue with the goals he’s scoring for the U21’s or when he turns out for us for more than 3 minutes.

Can’t help but feel we may lose him due to his loan being cut short if he doesn’t start getting the minutes.
In the 3 matches we have failed to score this season Eddie got a reasonable amount of game time. Between 30 & 45 mins in each.
Don't think playing him upfront alone is the answer think it's him and Bamford together for me.
Things Bamford does well would benefit Eddie in my opinion.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.