2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by superfox »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Aston Villa look like they could be ending their interest in Leeds United Kalvin Phillips, as they look to pursue the more affordable Ryan Woods of Stoke City. (Mirror)
Some good news, perhaps?
Villa just bought Douglas Luiz who is a midfielder...
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:
Aston Villa look like they could be ending their interest in Leeds United Kalvin Phillips, as they look to pursue the more affordable Ryan Woods of Stoke City. (Mirror)
Some good news, perhaps?
Just read that 15mill and similar player to Kalvin so doubt they will still want him.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:
superfox wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:
Some good news, perhaps?
Just read that 15mill and similar player to Kalvin so doubt they will still want him.
21 year old who is the current Brazil U-23 captain...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Anyone else feeling sick about Villa being able to do this after cooking the books the way they did ??

It's like bloody Amazon, Starbucks and all the other tax dodgers out there .. just makes me mad.
I know I'm a simple, honest leftie, but it makes my blood boil.
Phil147
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Phil147 »

Yeah, it p*****s me off too. Same as how other clubs seem to be able to spend money they don't have and get away with it. Wolves were up to something the season they went up and there are other examples where it just doesn't seem right.

I know Steve Gibson at Boro is annoyed about this as well as they are trying to meet FFP requirements same as we are.

As for tax, avoidance or evasion, seems somewhat immoral to me when you get high earners trying to avoid paying their dues when us lesser earners get shafted if we don't.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

On a podcast recently I heard that the Man City owners had allegedly paid previous managers (including Roberto Mancini) various loyalty bonuses equivalent to 100% of their "official" salary through their other companies to avoid declaring what their employees were really earning.

Aside from being immoral, it's another step in avoiding FFP if you're only declaring half your actual outlay on salaries and makes a mockery of the entire process.

Yet another way FIFA, UEFA, all the FAs, agents, players, managers and directors laugh at us from their gold-plated ivory towers.

Sky need to take a look at themselves.
I'm sure they could halve their expenditure on TV deals and the clubs would still sign up, what with overseas markets burgeoning the way they are ..
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Premier League side...!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Sam Dalby joins Watford......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tford-move

Odd move that for Dalby, hasn't played a single senior game for Leeds and only had 2 apps in his loan spell with Morecambe. All the best to him. Weird.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Sam Dalby joins Watford......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tford-move
Odd move that for Dalby, hasn't played a single senior game for Leeds and only had 2 apps in his loan spell with Morecambe. All the best to him. Weird.
Agreed, a bit of an odd one.

Obviously, someone has seem some potential. I thought a player might be coming the other way, but doesn’t look like it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.