2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Yeah I think I would. Edouard is the same age as White and I think the same could be said for Viduka or Larsson on the Scottish league question and the best centre half in the world arrived in England from Celtic. Arsenal bought Tierney for 25. It is also arguable that Edouard has played at a higher level than almost anyone everyone in the current leeds team and done well (champions league) We will have to probably look to certain leagues aswell to buy a striker. Holland, Belgium, Scotland etc. He has a great scoring record and is very similar in profile to JA except he doesn't have injury and attitude problems. I think he is a banker to be a top striker around Europe for years and become a France international. Ideal scenario is we get investment very quickly and buy them both.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

I quite like the idea of Edouard but having not seen a hell of a lot of him and now knowing what is expected from our centre forward by Bielsa we would need to know he has the work rate and stamina to survive Bielsa ball
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

corkleedsmot wrote:Quarta looks like a great player too. good on the ball and loves defending. I think 30 million for White is a lot of outlay. I would love him to be here next year but if he signs for Pool for 30-40 million.. I wont be all that bothered. I think Bielsa can find a player half that price who is composed. I played centre half myself I know White is good but the overpaying for English youngsters is not something I want Leeds to get into. Eg Maguire to united for silly money. I wouldn't underestimate how much Bielsa system is making a lot of these players look a level better than they are either. White has been playing in the championship too, the difference between championship and PL is immense. I would love to see Leeds go for Nate Collins at Stoke as back up. cheap young and exactly what we need.
The fact McGuire went to Man U for £80m is another reason to buy White for £30m... good chance he'll be worth that in 2 years' time. I think he just has to perform the same as this season in the premiership and then in an England shirt. Better the devil you know - make Ben White no.1 priority if we go up. Yes, we'll need a striker too but it will have to be both to stay up plus we'll need back up for Pablo to make top half. Blades type spending last summer is the minimum needed to do that IMO. 3 quality additions please just like 1990! :-)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leicester White wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:Quarta looks like a great player too. good on the ball and loves defending. I think 30 million for White is a lot of outlay. I would love him to be here next year but if he signs for Pool for 30-40 million.. I wont be all that bothered. I think Bielsa can find a player half that price who is composed. I played centre half myself I know White is good but the overpaying for English youngsters is not something I want Leeds to get into. Eg Maguire to united for silly money. I wouldn't underestimate how much Bielsa system is making a lot of these players look a level better than they are either. White has been playing in the championship too, the difference between championship and PL is immense. I would love to see Leeds go for Nate Collins at Stoke as back up. cheap young and exactly what we need.
The fact McGuire went to Man U for £80m is another reason to buy White for £30m... good chance he'll be worth that in 2 years' time. I think he just has to perform the same as this season in the premiership and then in an England shirt. Better the devil you know - make Ben White no.1 priority if we go up. Yes, we'll need a striker too but it will have to be both to stay up plus we'll need back up for Pablo to make top half. Blades type spending last summer is the minimum needed to do that IMO. 3 quality additions please just like 1990! :-)
Absolutely our top priority for me, White is the one key player we may lose which makes us weaker. Sign him we can start to look at other positions to strengthen if we don't get him we need at least someone as good.
Still lets get up first because until that is confirmed we can't really go after players.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

It is hard to know what happens with White if we go up either way. I hope we all get everything we want this xmas :) I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
What is the chance money falls out of the sky and leeds have an extra bullseye for transfers? :D
I hope they have investment lined up and are just keeping it quiet
Rio Ferdinand taught me to never be too attached to fancy centre halves :lolno:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

corkleedsmot wrote: I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
:
Apparently he posted on Instagram that he really admired working with MB, and was looking forward to next season
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote: I think it will come down to what the player wants really.
:
Apparently he posted on Instagram that he really enjoyed working with MB, and was looking forward to improving more under him next season
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

corkleedsmot wrote:There are strikers out there for the 30 million being talked about. When you add the fact that White is a young Englishman it adds a premium to the transfer and wages over the quotas in place.
I think I would take Edouard from Celtic for 30 over White for 30. And because Striker is the most expensive position and our weakest I feel we need the money for a striker. Anyway just an opinion.
If we figure out a way to do both I will be as delighted as anyone.
Edouard is on Arsenal's list of possible Lacazette or Aubameyang replacements, so I'd say he's probably out of our range; although it also verifies that he must be a very good player.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

SiMamu wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:There are strikers out there for the 30 million being talked about. When you add the fact that White is a young Englishman it adds a premium to the transfer and wages over the quotas in place.
I think I would take Edouard from Celtic for 30 over White for 30. And because Striker is the most expensive position and our weakest I feel we need the money for a striker. Anyway just an opinion.
If we figure out a way to do both I will be as delighted as anyone.
Edouard is on Arsenal's list of possible Lacazette or Aubameyang replacements, so I'd say he's probably out of our range; although it also verifies that he must be a very good player.
Arsenal have no European football next year and not looking likely to have CL football after next year either. I really think a lot of players with good character will want to play and learn under Bielsa. Edouard is very very level headed and I am very high on him. It takes bottle to go from PSG to Glasgow and cme through like he has. Big clubs want him but I think people might under estimate just how influential Bielsa will be in that respect. If he doesn't sign a new contract in the next few weeks Celtic will have to cash in.