2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:We are still odds on with the bookies to sign Adams 4/9 with Sky Bet.

Interesting odds are plummeting that we will sign Andre Gray, now 11/8 favs.
Wouldn't both be nice. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Poveda due at Thorp Arch tomorrow but there’s a lot of interest in him so not holding out much hope here.
Winner of the Europa League
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

If we have failed to sign Adams as widely reported, then it appears to be yet another example of what an absolute shambles we appear to be in the transfer market. It’s not the fact we shoot ourself in the foot - it’s the speed we reload and do it again!

Firstly, Roofe should not of been allowed to leave without an adequate replacement being signed. True - We got out of jail (at some cost)at the 11 hour in the summer with Nketiah. However given it’s been highly likely he would move on, we are again left dangerously exposed in what is a key position. It’s almost as if we only begin conduct our transfer negotiations from the point the window opens. Radz penny pinching cost us last year, he’s got 2 weeks to pull rabbits out of hats or else it’s highly likely he will be waving goodbye to £100m plus.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote:We are still odds on with the bookies to sign Adams 4/9 with Sky Bet.

Interesting odds are plummeting that we will sign Andre Gray, now 11/8 favs.
Wouldn't both be nice. :D
Neither looking likely. We seem to negotiate in the same way as a barmy mate always asking girls for a dance and getting knocked back every time :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
bgd
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bgd »

isrodger wrote:If we have failed to sign Adams as widely reported, then it appears to be yet another example of what an absolute shambles we appear to be in the transfer market. It’s not the fact we shoot ourself in the foot - it’s the speed we reload and do it again!
Oh come on, give it a rest for a day, ISR. It sounds like Bielsa identified a top target from day one, we've gone after him since, matched their requirements, but will be stumped by the manager holding his ground. What else could they have done in your opinion, just up to this point, this month? It sounds like we're pre-empting it with going after additional targets already even before they've rejected the second bid, so what much more can they do, when Bielsa is notoriously particular about what players he wants anyway?

The bringing up of Roofe so frequently is tiresome too, even going by the consideration it was wrong call (not that it would have been a binary call that wouldn't have influenced subsequent transfers), why not just judge the club on what they do here and now, rather than constantly rehashing the same discontent from last summer? I can't be the only one that finds it really tiresome, and I only just land on the odd post on here every once in a while.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

bgd wrote:
isrodger wrote:If we have failed to sign Adams as widely reported, then it appears to be yet another example of what an absolute shambles we appear to be in the transfer market. It’s not the fact we shoot ourself in the foot - it’s the speed we reload and do it again!
Oh come on, give it a rest for a day, ISR. It sounds like Bielsa identified a top target from day one, we've gone after him since, matched their requirements, but will be stumped by the manager holding his ground. What else could they have done in your opinion, just up to this point, this month? It sounds like we're pre-empting it with going after additional targets already even before they've rejected the second bid, so what much more can they do, when Bielsa is notoriously particular about what players he wants anyway?

The bringing up of Roofe so frequently is tiresome too, even going by the consideration it was wrong call (not that it would have been a binary call that wouldn't have influenced subsequent transfers), why not just judge the club on what they do here and now, rather than constantly rehashing the same discontent from last summer? I can't be the only one that finds it really tiresome, and I only just land on the odd post on here every once in a while.
You beat me to it bgd. :thumbup:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

bgd wrote:

I will tell you what they could have done is either had a deal in place for Bielsas #1 target at the end of December, and actually established that he was available, or not at that point; allowing us to move on to to other targets, as he’s clearly in the managers plans. Rather like what they had in place with James (until Radz couldn’t come up with the £5m on January 1st as agreed). We have got one forward, filling the position could be absolutely critical to the long term future of the club.

As regards judging the club by what they have done now... well that is at present SFA... apart from failing again to sign the number 1 target of the transfer window.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

bgd wrote:...why not just judge the club on what they do here and now, rather than constantly rehashing the same discontent from last summer? I can't be the only one that finds it really tiresome...
Well said.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Wigan White wrote:
bgd wrote:

You beat me to it bgd. :thumbup:
Me and all. Do you get anything from supporting Leeds ISR? Of course things can always get better, but you don't seem to rate the squad, you hate Victor Orta, you complain about Bielsa's tactical rigidity (in spite of the fact we're second in the league), and you constantly complain about Radrizzani even though we're in an infinitely better position than we have been for 15 years both on and off the pitch.

We must be the only team with a song that explicitly references the "ups and downs" of supporting a football club, and that's how many of us see it. Your analysis is always well considered and insightful, but its universally negative, and genuinely discourages me from reading these threads, which are otherwise full of nuanced and balanced opinions.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’