2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

Sovietmule wrote:
Bamford was a substitute in many of those games and was actually on the pitch for just over 1,600 minutes.
A goal every 162 minutes.

Rodriguez was on the pitch for over 4 000 minutes averaging a goal every 188 minutes.

Roofe averaged 167 mins per goal.

So both our strikers scored more often than Rodriguez.
Those are interesting stats. Do you (or does anyone) have access to the goals to chances ratio for those guys?
Not me tried to find it would be interesting.

For the record the divisions top strikers score every 130 mins.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Stats can be bent any which way, but JRod's injury record is comparable to Danny Ings', Daniel Sturridge's or Danny Welbeck's.

Danny Mills' was ... brilliant, though :)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:If there is one thing that I do have a pet hate with Leeds United over the past few seasons it has to be the lack of urgency in getting in players early. We seems to be on the transfer trail of so many players according to a magnanimous amount of websites but we are I believe a little too meticulous and overly cautious when getting signings in.
I have no doubt that any business we do will happen in August so I am not going to get into a lather over it. That is just the LUFC way currently :think:
Pre season fixtures have come out starting 10th July with a final fixture of 27th July TBA, so I can't see any signings done then esp when the squad is in Australia. So it does look like August, though the pre-season may show if any under 23's are now being considered for the first team.

It is frustrating as it means it can take a while for a new player to bed in under the Bielsa way, and whoever we get could have an underwhelming start. The season kicks off on 3rd August, so we will have to see if talks are already under way and any deals are done in the week before the season starts, if not then as stated most likely after the PL widow has shut.

Maybe we should assume no new signings and be pleasantly surprised if something does come up!
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Transfer window open/close dates
Country/competition Opens Closes
Premier League Thursday, 16 May (00:01 BST) Thursday, 8 August (17:00 BST)
Scotland Tuesday, 11 June Monday, 2 September (00:00 BST)
EFL Championship Monday, 6 May Thursday, 8 August
EFL League One/EFL League Two Monday, 6 May End of August
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:Stats can be bent any which way, but JRod's injury record is comparable to Danny Ings', Daniel Sturridge's or Danny Welbeck's.

Danny Mills' was ... brilliant, though :)
If a player has a bit of a "sick note" reputation why would you entertain signing him? Players are no good to anyone on the sidelines no matter how brilliant they are. I wouldn't be keen on any of the above thanks
Keep The Faith / WAL
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Sturridge is a quality striker but unfortunately he seems to be made of breadsticks.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Paudie O’Connor leaves the club, with a permanent transfer to Bradford City.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Selby White wrote:
Leicester White wrote:Personally, I'm not a fan.
Apart from his patchy fitness record I think he's lost a bit of pace since he was at Saints and don't think he's the finisher we're looking for.

Jay Rodriguez is definitely a decent championship striker - last season, 47 matches, 22 goals and 6 assists. Fantastic skill and according to someone who knows him, a really good attitude. West Brom is cash strapped... they might not want to risk holding out for a premiership offer, which may never come. Harvey Barnes's Dad watched every game he played for West Brom and knows a lot about football (himself a decent striker who scored a couple at Old Trafford when York City knocked Man U out of the league Cup so love him for that!) and spoke about Rodriguez & Gayle as reasons why Baggies would get automatic promotion while Harvey was there in that name order. I'm hoping Rodriguez is on the club's radar.

By way of comparison, Bamford - £7m , 23 matches, 9 goals and 2 assists... the difference would IMO have equated to promotion. Upside on Bamford is 25 yrs old vs 29, but I'd swap - too often Bamford is shrugged off of the ball and has to resort to a foul for any physical presence for my liking.
Bamford was a substitute in many of those games and was actually on the pitch for just over 1,600 minutes.
A goal every 162 minutes.

Rodriguez was on the pitch for over 4 000 minutes averaging a goal every 188 minutes.

Roofe averaged 167 mins per goal.

So both our strikers scored more often than Rodriguez.
IMO there is a player in there with Bamford ....."if" he can stay fit & play 40+ games next season he'll score 20+ goals , his confidence & his ability will blossom, not to mention he'll also be a lot stronger when fully fit for a decent period.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

If social media profiles are anything to go by, Clarke is out, Costa is in.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

From Teamtalk website:-

Yosuke Ideguchi, Jay-Roy Grot and Paudie O’Connor are all expected to secure moves away from Leeds United in the coming days, according to reports.

Bet365 wont take any bets on Jack Clarke going to Spurs for £10m, read into that what you want.