2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by lufctrav »

johnh wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Having said all of that Bielsa could probably make me a decent footballer so there's always that to consider. He really is the best manager we have ever had. To get this team playing as well as we do considering previous seasons with pretty much the same team.
'He really is the best manager we have ever had'. I think you need to qualify this statement by adding the word 'since'. I guess that there would be at least 3 names to follow.
Revie, Wilkinson and who?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

lufctrav wrote:
johnh wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Having said all of that Bielsa could probably make me a decent footballer so there's always that to consider. He really is the best manager we have ever had. To get this team playing as well as we do considering previous seasons with pretty much the same team.
'He really is the best manager we have ever had'. I think you need to qualify this statement by adding the word 'since'. I guess that there would be at least 3 names to follow.
Revie, Wilkinson and who?
Tempted to put Hockaday ( :lol: ) but was thinking about Jimmy Armfield who reached a European Cup final.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

According to the BBC website, Leeds are interested in the Brighton centre-back Haydon Roberts.
I once played against Don Revie.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Any rumours?

Wonder if there's still talk of Buendia, ideal Pablo replacement
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Premier League clubs are expected to vote in favour of proposals to open their Summer Transfer Window on July 27 and close on October 5.

All 20 Premier League clubs had until 5pm last night to cast their vote on a plan to open the window the day after the season ends - and close ten weeks later.

Importantly, clubs are also expected to agree to a two-week extension to the 10-week window, when Premier League and EFL clubs can continue to buy, sell or loan players from each other.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Any rumours?

Wonder if there's still talk of Buendia, ideal Pablo replacement
Atletico Madrid are interested in signing Emiliano Buendia from Norwich.

They are among a clutch of clubs in La Liga keen to take him back to Spain, along with Valencia.

Buendia told Sky Sports News today that he is “happy” at Norwich and remains focused on finishing the final three games of the season with them.

Watch this space I suppose
:shh:

In other news....

Wigan are ready to offload several key assets in a bid to tempt buyers following administration, according to The Sun.

The paper claims the crisis club need to raise around £5m to settle bills, with several Premier League clubs ready to pounce.

Leicester and Sheffield United reportedly want young forward Kyle Joseph, while the Foxes are also said to be keen on defender Antonee Robinson.

Celtic and Leeds are also in the running to land attacker Joe Gelhardt this summer.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:Premier League clubs are expected to vote in favour of proposals to open their Summer Transfer Window on July 27 and close on October 5.

All 20 Premier League clubs had until 5pm last night to cast their vote on a plan to open the window the day after the season ends - and close ten weeks later.

Importantly, clubs are also expected to agree to a two-week extension to the 10-week window, when Premier League and EFL clubs can continue to buy, sell or loan players from each other.
I would love to see it go back to having no transfer windows at all. I always thought that back when there was no restrictions on when a player could be bought it made it interesting and the secrecy behind deals was far better. Nowadays it's all down to competitiveness and urgency which in my opinion isn't as good as it used to be. Is it wrong to restrict transfers to certain periods of time during a season or off season? I'm no professional at these things but aren't clubs run like a business now? if they are isn't there some form of business rights that are broken when they are restricted from buying or selling their products whenever they want to? If a steel company was restricted in buying its components to make steel to specific times of the year wouldn't that be a major issue to their business? It's the same principle but sport is run by mostly non sporting people who are controlled by greed especially football.

Rant over. happy day to you all.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

If West Brom or Brentford don't go up we should go for Pereira or Benrahma. they can both play front 3 and would fit in perfectly.
I am not that bothered about Ben White, the Argentine we are interested in looks a decent player and with a month or 2 with Bielsa there could be alot of Ben Whites or Kalvin Philips around the place imo.
I rate them both but 30 million is too much for White when we have a coach like Bielsa ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Olly Casey sings a new deal.......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... iver-casey
Will it make the Top 40 ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders