2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by saihtam »

Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Should be in the team.
He's better than Rice and Dier and I would pick him over Henderson playing in that holding role too.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Agreed and has been for a while now. Long overdue.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Part of me hopes he gets selected, its well deserved and part not as have visions of him getting injured in a meaningless friendly.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

rigger wrote:Should be in the team.
He's better than Rice and Dier and I would pick him over Henderson playing in that holding role too.
I know we all like him and his progress and transformation as a player under Bielsa has been nothing short of miraculous, but I'm not sure about picking him over Henderson. Champions league and soon to be premier league winner. He's been outstanding for Liverpool. Really underrated player in my opinion.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Costy wrote:
rigger wrote:Should be in the team.
I know we all like him and his progress and transformation as a player under Bielsa has been nothing short of miraculous, but I'm not sure about picking him over Henderson. Champions league and soon to be premier league winner. He's been outstanding for Liverpool. Really underrated player in my opinion.
I think they're saying they'd have him over Henderson in the holding role only. In a box to box role Henderson all day but I agree in the holding role KP plays it better. As for Rice and Dier, absolute garbage the pair, so overated. Can't think of a time I've ever seen Rice playing the kind of pass KP does.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

It may well be too late but i wonder if it would have been worth speaking to Mile Jedinak in the transfer window as cover for Phillips given Foreshaws long term injury
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

new signing wrote:It may well be too late but i wonder if it would have been worth speaking to Mile Jedinak in the transfer window as cover for Phillips given Foreshaws long term injury
I can certainly see the argument of having cover for Phillips but I'm not sure we could get anyone on the short term that would slot in and do the job anywhere near Kalvin level. To be the part when he covers our CBs when they romp forward is what most midfielders would struggle with.

I also say short term so getting quality would be an issue.
The reason short term is because after watching plenty of u23 games I don't think it will be too long before Alfie McCalmont is pushing Kalvin, think he's going to be equally as good.

So for the short time it's Dallas who will cover.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

new signing wrote:It may well be too late but i wonder if it would have been worth speaking to Mile Jedinak in the transfer window as cover for Phillips given Foreshaws long term injury
Even if it were possible anyone coming in would not attain the levels of fitness that MB demands for what? 6 weeks? 8 Weeks? i.e. within spitting distance of season end......... :D
Keep The Faith / WAL