2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by White Knight »

With Adams only coming on for the last 6 minutes and Gray for the last 9 minutes, you could be forgiven for thinking that both Southampton and Watford were dangling carrots tonight.

The implication is that these players are valuable to each team, which will help raise the asking price in the market. But they were given a small enough number of minutes to flag to those interested that they really aren’t that important to either team at the same time.

I could be wrong but there may be a chink of light for us after tonight :shh:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Leicester White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Fernandopartridge wrote:Season saved lads, we’ve got a 3rd choice keeper in!
Still over a week to go :thumbup:
I know someone who works on the Take Me Home series. They say we will sign a striker and they're waiting on who to judge whether to go for 2 hrs or 5 hrs for the film I.e. they believe we won't get promoted without a great signing and don't want to make the same series as last year minus the excitement of signing Bielsa, nearly signing Dan James and Spygate.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lolno: You couldn’t make it up.

I’m not disputing what you're saying & thanks for posting - but this sort of demonstrates what a soap opera our transfer dealings are. Let’s hope you're right given we have only one forward who’s been devoid of confidence for 12 months now.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

On Adams:
Hay states that Saints are ready to let their underused striker go “for a loan fee of £1million and an obligation to sign Adams permanently for more than £10million at the end of the season.”

If that deal doesn’t happen, then Leeds do have other irons in the fire, with Everton forward Oumar Niasse and Middlesbrough frontman Britt Assombalonga.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I think the Adams deal will happen. Just read somewhere but then lost the link that they're working on a striker themselves. All is not lost. For me Adams is the one of all those linked that would make a difference, last year he was clinical and a hard worker like PB. Also feel Poveda would be a good addition from what I've read but unconvinced as never seen him play. Happy to get another young keeper in although I would actually like to see Meslier get some league time as he impressed at Arsenal and seems more composed that Kiko.

Finally but not essential would be a commanding CB. Not essential as when we play well the opposition barely touch the ball so it doesn't matter whose at the back for us. However it would be nice to feel relatively at ease when conversing a set peice.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So am I thinking straight here we pay Arsenal a £3m fee to have Eddie Nketiah for a season long loan but halfway through they recall the player but we still pay the the full fee. Madness if that’s the case
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So am I thinking straight here we pay Arsenal a £3m fee to have Eddie Nketiah for a season long loan but halfway through they recall the player but we still pay the the full fee. Madness if that’s the case
Why would you think that ??
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

It wouldnt make sense at all if they could recall him and keep the money.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So am I thinking straight here we pay Arsenal a £3m fee to have Eddie Nketiah for a season long loan but halfway through they recall the player but we still pay the the full fee. Madness if that’s the case
clutching at straws here , i.e: i'm probably wrong , but maybe if leeds did not fullfill their part of the agreement , i.e: the agreed amount of playing time for eddie , then maybe they still have to pay out the full amount???
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nah, usually there's a break clause in January for the owner club to bring the player back. We'll have lost the fee we paid up front (like a deposit) but won't pay his wages anymore (the rent) will we ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dunlop wrote:
clutching at straws here , i.e: i'm probably wrong , but maybe if leeds did not fullfill their part of the agreement , i.e: the agreed amount of playing time for eddie , then maybe they still have to pay out the full amount???
Thought it's been said there was no such agreement, but in any case the fact he was injured also played its part in how many minutes he got.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.