2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Mr Russell »

James Milner coming home ;)

(Can dream can't I?)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Mr Russell wrote:James Milner coming home ;)

(Can dream can't I?)
Deam singin for us and Biesla, but yeah not gonna happen this year.
Maybe next season as he is in last year of contract. IF we reach PL then i can cleary see him coming maybe even if something goes wrong.
Wonder if he is head coach material also - he has played every role on the pitch and nows a lot.
twalkden
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by twalkden »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Leeds backed to complete Liverpool signing after ’Marcelo Bielsa met with Jurgen Klopp’

LEEDS boss Marcelo Bielsa attended Liverpool’s pre-season clash with Brentford in order to scout Ryan Kent.
Be happy enough with Kent but not sure it's what we need?
I think it's more likely to be Wilson, which I'd be happier with at this point. If it was Kent we'd have 4 loan wingers on top of what we already have which seems like overkill - although saying that it would give us a lot of firepower off the bench at 60+ mins!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'd rather it was Joe Gomez, myself ..

;)
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

blackbox2342 wrote:
Leeds backed to complete Liverpool signing after ’Marcelo Bielsa met with Jurgen Klopp’

LEEDS boss Marcelo Bielsa attended Liverpool’s pre-season clash with Brentford in order to scout Ryan Kent.
MB was at Bradford not Brentford so who ever wrote the report cant distinguish between Bradford and Brentford.

Given we have 4 loans already and your only allowed 5 in the 18 man match day squad dont think we need another winger.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

We have enough wingers, just find someone to CB.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Central defender? ....................Ethan Ampadu anyone?

Available on loan from Chelski, he's only 18 years old, but whenever I've seen him play, I've been quite impressed.

Mobile, great on the ball, and with good distribution skills, I'd have thought he would be Marcelo's type of player.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

yorkfan wrote:Central defender? ....................Ethan Ampadu anyone?

Available on loan from Chelski, he's only 18 years old, but whenever I've seen him play, I've been quite impressed.

Mobile, great on the ball, and with good distribution skills, I'd have thought he would be Marcelo's type of player.
I thought he was more of a CDM, but even so, will Frank want to do business with us after last season? I’m not sure regardless of the footballing education he’d get under Marcelo.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

twalkden wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:

I think it's more likely to be Wilson, which I'd be happier with at this point. If it was Kent we'd have 4 loan wingers on top of what we already have which seems like overkill - although saying that it would give us a lot of firepower off the bench at 60+ mins!
I can't see it being Wilson as he's likely to stay at Liverpool or sold on to a PL side. I wouldn't be happy with Kent signing as he's no improvement on what we currently have.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Fernandopartridge wrote:
yorkfan wrote:Central defender? ....................Ethan Ampadu anyone?

I thought he was more of a CDM, but even so, will Frank want to do business with us after last season? I’m not sure regardless of the footballing education he’d get under Marcelo.
Haha, it won’t be up to Frank! :P