2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

It could be a slight problem for the club. We will need all of Orta's recruitment skills to get great players at the right price without risking a quick return to the championship and paying big wages. Like you say loan players will only do from the top 5 clubs who have massive quality squads. The rest of the teams will won't to keep their best players. That's if we go up, but its a small if for me.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The Joe Hart rumours won’t go away.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The Joe Hart rumours won’t go away.
I don't get it.

He'd be on massive wages, be a big gamble and I just don't think he fits Bielsa's typical player profile : selfless, young and with bags of potential.
I can only think it's lazy journalism : Casilla is likely to leave and Meslier's only a loanee ..
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:The Joe Hart rumours won’t go away.
I don't get it.

He'd be on massive wages, be a big gamble and I just don't think he fits Bielsa's typical player profile : selfless, young and with bags of potential.
I can only think it's lazy journalism : Casilla is likely to leave and Meslier's only a loanee ..
I think it's likely we'll sign an 'older' GK again in the summer to replace Casilla, and for Meslier to learn from, but I doubt it'll be Joe Hart. He wasn't a Guardiola GK, and so I doubt he'd be a Bielsa one.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

From Phil Hay

Hearing that Jean-Kevin Augustin has suffered a recurrence of his hamstring strain. Not confirmed by Leeds but sounds like a set-back for him.

Did we learn nothing from the Izzy Brown long list of injuries. JKA wasn’t fit when he arrived always a chance of an injury imho
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:From Phil Hay

Hearing that Jean-Kevin Augustin has suffered a recurrence of his hamstring strain. Not confirmed by Leeds but sounds like a set-back for him.

Did we learn nothing from the Izzy Brown long list of injuries. JKA wasn’t fit when he arrived always a chance of an injury imho
All down to Patrick Bamford then. I think the "rest" will have done him good
Keep The Faith / WAL
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:From Phil Hay

All down to Patrick Bamford then. I think the "rest" will have done him good
Tyler Roberts too.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Shame about big Kev but im confident we have enough to get us over the line this time
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

new signing wrote:Shame about big Kev but im confident we have enough to get us over the line this time
Exactly we've been good enough to get to the top without him so just need to continue with the same.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Jackson Irvine has left Hull after failing to agree a new contract. IMO he is a player that would add plenty of value to our squad due to his versatility while providing us with an added aerial threat from set pieces. His work rate is Dallas like. Can play as an attacking midfielder, number 8 or even as a holding midfielder. Also very capable at right back should the need arise.

Proven player in the premier league as well. Not to mention id love to have an Australian back at the club