2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by new signing »

If we dont get out of the deal an dare forced to sign Augustin it leaves him in a terrible position where he will know full well the club didnt want him
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This JKA situation is nothing short of farcical, what a crazy position to be in. It’s not like we’re talking peanuts here.
Winner of the Europa League
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

It's like nobody thinks through the possibilities. I expect they could have negotiated a condition clause on the compulsory purchase clause i.e. he had to score 5 or more goals.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

By the way £35m for Ben White could look a good price in a couple of years' time ... Southgate's looking at him and I'm guessing he's his kind of player and person. What was it, 20 years ago we paid £18m for Rio Ferdinand and a couple of years later sold him for £30m? I'd rather have Ben White than Costa+JKA and that's roughly the same price!
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Leicester White wrote:It's like nobody thinks through the possibilities. I expect they could have negotiated a condition clause on the compulsory purchase clause i.e. he had to score 5 or more goals.
To be fair to Orta, I think this one is on Bielsa's downright refusal to introduce a new signing until they've had at least 3 months full training with him. Couple that with bad luck with injuries, and I don't think there's much way anyone should've foreseen a situation where we need to sign him based on his only having played 35 mins for us in total (or whatever it is).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Leicester White wrote:It's like nobody thinks through the possibilities. I expect they could have negotiated a condition clause on the compulsory purchase clause i.e. he had to score 5 or more goals.

I’m assuming the player has to be willing to join Leeds for the deal to proceed. Surely Leeds could just offer him a ridiculously low wage
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

His terms would be settled before the move. I see Sky linking us with Edouard from Celtic, It is highly likely to be nonsense but that is the profile of player we will need to be competitive and not face a dogfight.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

West beach white wrote:

I’m assuming the player has to be willing to join Leeds for the deal to proceed. Surely Leeds could just offer him a ridiculously low wage
'Surely'? Maybe, if we were run by a hybrid of Trump, Boris and Cellino :P

Thankfully, we're not.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

After the way the last few months have gone for JKA, he won’t want to come back to Leeds. It may cost us a few quid to settle a contract dispute, but we won’t be forced to take back a player that we don’t want...
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Otherworld wrote:After the way the last few months have gone for JKA, he won’t want to come back to Leeds. It may cost us a few quid to settle a contract dispute, but we won’t be forced to take back a player that we don’t want...
That my friend is going to be easier said than done
Keep The Faith / WAL