2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

isrodger wrote:
isrodger wrote:Nasser bin Ghanim Al - Khelafi ....sat next to Radz @ QPR .... I’m pretty sure it was him just pictured on sky ... surprised SKY didn’t pick up on it ... I could be wrong .... we could be minted !
Evidently Radz & Nasser were pictured last night having Dinner @ a restaurant in Berkeley Square. Could be TV related however :clap:
I'm more concerned that neither Radz, Orta or Kinnear are sat there doing nothing about transfers. :thumbdown:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

DominanceUK wrote:
I'm more concerned that neither Radz, Orta or Kinnear are sat there doing nothing about transfers.
That sentence gives me a headache .. :eh:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

isrodger wrote:
isrodger wrote:Nasser bin Ghanim Al - Khelafi ....sat next to Radz @ QPR .... I’m pretty sure it was him just pictured on sky ... surprised SKY didn’t pick up on it ... I could be wrong .... we could be minted !
Evidently Radz & Nasser were pictured last night having Dinner @ a restaurant in Berkeley Square. Could be TV related however :clap:

Winner of the Europa League
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

serious question , why would any player want to come to leeds if they are not certain they can break into the first team?
i ask this because when most managers sign a player(s) they sign him/them to start and improve the team , usually giving them a debut from the off ,
but bielsa gets a player of his choosing (he oks the signing.) then wastes time leaving him/them on the bench while the player(s) has to adjust (remember bielsa approved the player.) to bielsas style of football !
this seems bonkers to me , i mean i understand if the player has had little to no time at all with his new team mates i.e: jack clarke with qpr 1 day or 2.
but after a weeks training with his new team mates , and remember were talking proffessional footballers that are brought in to do a specific job , i.e: striker. ok'd by the managerand needed by the team , but still not played from the start because the manager has'nt got him playing the way he wants them too!
as if the team could play any worse if they are put in too early , and if they do , then surely thats what the subs are for!
i feel bad about saying this , but i almost feel sorry for any player coming to leeds and hoping to get a decent chance to prove themselves , because i fear bielsa will probably under utulise them even if other players are not doing the business.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

dunlop wrote:serious question , why would any player want to come to leeds if they are not certain they can break into the first team?
i ask this because when most managers sign a player(s) they sign him/them to start and improve the team , usually giving them a debut from the off ,
but bielsa gets a player of his choosing (he oks the signing.) then wastes time leaving him/them on the bench while the player(s) has to adjust (remember bielsa approved the player.) to bielsas style of football !
this seems bonkers to me , i mean i understand if the player has had little to no time at all with his new team mates i.e: jack clarke with qpr 1 day or 2.
but after a weeks training with his new team mates , and remember were talking proffessional footballers that are brought in to do a specific job , i.e: striker. ok'd by the managerand needed by the team , but still not played from the start because the manager has'nt got him playing the way he wants them too!
as if the team could play any worse if they are put in too early , and if they do , then surely thats what the subs are for!
i feel bad about saying this , but i almost feel sorry for any player coming to leeds and hoping to get a decent chance to prove themselves , because i fear bielsa will probably under utulise them even if other players are not doing the business.
You make a valid point and it’s certainly a consideration for say a Bowen / Adams deal given if he didn’t play his value in the summer would be less.

Bielsa was quite annoyed at the pre QPR presser saying we’d done nothing wrong with Clarke & Nketiah ... the club hadn’t but HE had ... he hadn’t given them minutes on the pitch. His over reliance on Bamford stems from his bad decision as much as that of the club.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
dunlop wrote:serious question , why would any player want to come to leeds if they are not certain they can break into the first team?
You make a valid point and it’s certainly a consideration for say a Bowen / Adams deal given if he didn’t play his value in the summer would be less.

Bielsa was quite annoyed at the pre QPR presser saying we’d done nothing wrong with Clarke & Nketiah ... the club hadn’t but HE had ... he hadn’t given them minutes on the pitch. His over reliance on Bamford stems from his bad decision as much as that of the club.
You either buy into the Bielsa system or not, that goes for players and supporters.
The way I see it once you gain his confidence you also gain his loyalty.

From my point of view its a breath of fresh air attitude in a dog eat dog World.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

That's a serious question? NO player would move anywhere, unless they're in it purely for the wages, if they knew they had no chance of breaking into the first team.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
That's a serious question? NO player would move anywhere, unless they're in it purely for the wages, if they knew they had no chance of breaking into the first team.
j mean't this in terms of being signed by the manager . knowing he'd be getting a fair chance to prove himself , like most managers would give a player they sign for the first team , but under bielsa he would probably be restricted to bit part player til it was too late!
i would add in adams case he's probably slightly better , if at least no worse off at southampton than he probably would be at leeds at the moment , and in bowens case he's a first choice player at hull and prem clubs are already genuinely interested in , him so why come to leeds to potentially be a back-up player? surely he would would want assurrances from bielsa that he would be given x amount of starts to prove he could make a difference???
i genuinely hope i'm wrong , and i like the way we play , but i feel bielsas loyalty to under performing players may cost us this season.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
I'm more concerned that neither Radz, Orta or Kinnear are sat there doing nothing about transfers.
Not sure what you have against me, Rigz but if you have a problem with me then say so - it's tiresome.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

DominanceUK wrote:
rigger wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Not sure what you have against me, Rigz but if you have a problem with me then say so - it's tiresome.
I almost guarantee he has nothing against you, I mean have you ever met? He's obviously referring to the poor grammar in your comment! :thumbup: