2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Talk sport are reporting that Scum are after Ben White & Kalvin Phillips
It’s up to Brighton regarding Ben White, of course, but he is definitely Premiership quality and there’s no chance of him staying with us if we don’t go up. I could see that one happening to be honest.

As regards Kalvin, I’d be very surprised if he went there. Money talks, and his recent contract extension will push the value up, but I just don’t see him going to Man Utd.

They are our stand out players and it’s no surprise they are attracting attention, expect more enquiries in January.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Talk sport are reporting that Scum are after Ben White & Kalvin Phillips
It’s up to Brighton regarding Ben White, of course, but he is definitely Premiership quality and there’s no chance of him staying with us if we don’t go up. I could see that one happening to be honest.

As regards Kalvin, I’d be very surprised if he went there. Money talks, and his recent contract extension will push the value up, but I just don’t see him going to Man Utd.

They are our stand out players and it’s no surprise they are attracting attention, expect more enquiries in January.
Of course it's worrying when the money clubs come looking.
However think it's more of an issue when they don't as it means we have no decent players.
We need to go up this year or Kalvin may need to move on for his own career. White we have no control over can only hope he sees the season out. I believe he enjoys it with us and would want to stay put.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Of course it's worrying when the money clubs come looking.
However think it's more of an issue when they don't as it means we have no decent players.
We need to go up this year or Kalvin may need to move on for his own career. White we have no control over can only hope he sees the season out. I believe he enjoys it with us and would want to stay put.
Agreed - it'd be weird if a few top teams weren't showing an interest in him given the form he's been in, so I'm not too concerned. The club can't risk selling him in Jan or Bielsa will surely walk.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Seems like Leif Davis is next in line to sign a new long term deal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Seems like Leif Davis is next in line to sign a new long term deal.
Very good Davis.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:Seems like Leif Davis is next in line to sign a new long term deal.
Now confirmed......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... w-contract
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Now confirmed......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... w-contract
Really highly rated ... I believe Everton have been sniffing round him for a few months. Good news let’s hope he trains on.
leeds1970
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by leeds1970 »

Good to see the youth are getting looked after
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Rate him, won't be too long before he is a regular starter in my opinion.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Rumours are going about us signing Middlesbrough’s Daniel Ayala. It might make sense with possibility a PL could take White away and then we have Berardi’s poor disciplinary record and Cooper’s injury concerns.

Even though our goals conceded is low, many state we are short of cover. What are views on 29 year-old Ayala?

Quite a few of our goals conceded are from set pieces then probably does mean we should strengthen.