2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 5081

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Nic wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:Paper means nothing, don't believe for one minute any of us thought Norwich or Sheff Utd had the strongest squads at start of last season.
Teamwork and confidence are just as important as having the so called best individuals.
Then of course the other factor "Luck" will play its part.

Personally believe 8 or 9 teams with a shout, we are one of them :D
I wish it was 2-3 teams in with a shout and we were one of them :D, This division is the most difficult to predict to be fair, Since we got back into the Championship there has rarely been a team that went onto walk the league or take ownership of the league from the start of every season, except for Wolves who also stuttered along until the final two months and then hit another level after that.
Surely if you think about it, being one of 8 or 9 will be a better season, I mean at the start of last season we were similar as hoping to just squeeze into play-offs and it was a thriller of a season. If it were just 2-3 sides then the other games would matter a lot less and it would be concentrating on the few head to head games.

I suppose many just want to see us promoted, but it's the challenge and uncertainty that excites. If you were given the option of sleeping for 9-10 months and awaking to see us promoted (by whichever route) or living the season but no guarantee of if we'd make it, what would you choose?
Nic, You took my quote far too serious, (see the smiley face).....
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I see Tyler Roberts is crocked again and out for an indefinite, extended period. He does seem to struggle to stay fit and available ............. :problem:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Selby White wrote:
Shadwell White wrote:This new kid from arsenal is scary, he has pace to burn, strong and knows where the back of the net is. Hernandez, Eddie N, Harrison, Clarke, Bamford and Costa, that’s a forward line, bring it on.
That pace could prove to be a winner. Last season one of the biggest reasons we didn't get promoted was we struggled against the lower teams.
These teams often packed their defence and played on the break.

Pace could just be the key in these games.
I think we have a good forward line to bang in goals this season and with Roofe gone maybe Bamford will get involved in games more and hopefully bang in some quality goals too. I think Bielsa isn't too worried about the defense as much as fans do mainly because he trusts in our midfielders tracking back when needed, and whats more is his philosophy of being on the front foot with pressure always on the opposition.

With the amount of attacks going through the midfield and also on the wings coming I do believe that we could do a lot of damage compared to last season. I just have a huge worry though that injuries may play against us if they come at last seasons rate.... This system is a high attrition system so lets hope Bielsa has done his homework on the fitness levels of the players he has added.

Last week I was a little more concerned with all the sales we had and not much coming in, I still am worried about it because i don't think LUFC are a January buying team. People are talking about 30million being generated in player sales and its money in the bank, I assure you its not.... It goes towards the loans and wages we have to pay for the first team and underage teams that are of good quality for the next few years.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote: On another note, anyone else feeling old after looking at Eddie's photos today - he looks about 13!!
I have a glance at the programme in the Pavilion before the games, and the players have their dates of births next to their names, they are generally in the 90’s and even some in the noughties.

Having been born in 1971, that definitely makes me feel old.
Think yourself lucky mate, I was born in 1951 !! :D :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Think it was a decent window in the end. Clarke sold in comes Clarke & Costa, Roofe sold in comes Nketiah, Jansson sold in comes White, BPF sold in comes Meslier plus lots of squad players sold or moved on.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:... I think Bielsa isn't too worried about the defense as much as fans do mainly because... his philosophy of being on the front foot with pressure always on the opposition...
Took the words out of my mouth Corky.

I was about to reply to Shadwells post (''Hernandez, Eddie N, Harrison, Clarke, Bamford and Costa, that’s a forward line, bring it on.'').
Glad I read to the end of the thread first :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Think it was a decent window in the end. Clarke sold in comes Clarke & Costa, Roofe sold in comes Nketiah, Jansson sold in comes White, BPF sold in comes Meslier plus lots of squad players sold or moved on.
True, but I find the selling of Oduor a bit puzzling. He seemed to be in Bielsa's plans, and then suddenly he was gone.
Moreover it looks like Leeds are Barnsley's selling club: after Winks and Halme they tried to get Pearce, and when they missed the chance to sign him, then simply looked for another left back from our Academy. :roll:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

superfox wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Think it was a decent window in the end. Clarke sold in comes Clarke & Costa, Roofe sold in comes Nketiah, Jansson sold in comes White, BPF sold in comes Meslier plus lots of squad players sold or moved on.
True, but I find the selling of Oduor a bit puzzling. He seemed to be in Bielsa's plans, and then suddenly he was gone.
Moreover it looks like Leeds are Barnsley's selling club: after Winks and Halme they tried to get Pearce, and when they missed the chance to sign him, then simply looked for another left back from our Academy. :roll:
And they have got Alex mowatt
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

isrodger wrote:
And they have got Alex mowatt
Who joined QPR yesterday ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:
Whether people agree or not in real terms Pearce was our 6th choice at LB Odour possibly 7th (behind Douglas, Alioski, Davies, Berardi & Dallas). Can't keep everyone and may as well get off the wage bill if not going to use them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.