2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Was anyone just listening to Talksport? The Brighton CEO was just asked if they were going to be particularly active in the January transfer window and as part of his answer said something like 'we also look to see if our loan players could strengthen the squad, we have them out all over the country and in particular Ben White at Leeds is having a great season, so that's one option'

Oh! dear..
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Losing Ben White would be a huge loss. I thought we had him on a season long loan ?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Most season-long loans will have a clause in them to allow the owner club bring the player back during the January transfer window, certainly at our level and above.
It's less common with L1 and L2 club loanees because they generally receive younger talent that's pretty raw and untried in the first team, while Championship clubs will be looking to act as "finishing schools" for EPL U23s who may have already made their debuts in the League or FA Cup for the club that's loaning them out.

In a nutshell, if they want him back there's precious little we can do about it unfortunately :(
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Leicester taking back Harvey Barnes in January last season killed Baggies' chances of automatic promotion. We could offer them an amount of money they couldn't refuse to sign him on a permanent - I think we'd be crazy not to... if he stays fit, I think it'd be like us pushing the boat out to sign Rio from West Ham and a few seasons later the transfer fee looked cheap. How much is promotion worth?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leicester White wrote:Leicester taking back Harvey Barnes in January last season killed Baggies' chances of automatic promotion. We could offer them an amount of money they couldn't refuse to sign him on a permanent - I think we'd be crazy not to... if he stays fit, I think it'd be like us pushing the boat out to sign Rio from West Ham and a few seasons later the transfer fee looked cheap. How much is promotion worth?
Trouble is whatever standard he is no player guarantees promotion.
I doubt Ben or his agent would agree to come here on say a 5 year contract until we are up. Got to put his own career first, that's reasonable.
Doubt we have that money so wouldn't be happy with the Ridsdale method of football management as we know where it can go.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

But they could demand £25m+ and there are no guarantees.
We could splurge then see him get injured in the next game ..
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Was anyone just listening to Talksport? The Brighton CEO was just asked if they were going to be particularly active in the January transfer window and as part of his answer said something like 'we also look to see if our loan players could strengthen the squad, we have them out all over the country and in particular Ben White at Leeds is having a great season, so that's one option'

Oh! dear..
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-17266086

"White has played enough minutes to ensure Brighton & Hove Albion cannot recall him without United’s agreement."

I think we're OK. Everything i've read says the deal is air tight.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Austin91 wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Was anyone just listening to Talksport? The Brighton CEO was just asked if they were going to be particularly active in the January transfer window and as part of his answer said something like 'we also look to see if our loan players could strengthen the squad, we have them out all over the country and in particular Ben White at Leeds is having a great season, so that's one option'

Oh! dear..

"White has played enough minutes to ensure Brighton & Hove Albion cannot recall him without United’s agreement."

:clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Austin91 wrote:

Oh! dear..

Thanks for posting this :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:From the presser today, Bielsa says he wants to keep Eddie not only for this season but next season too.
Wow! :clap:
Nketia wants to play, and should play every week. He'll be somewhere else next season. We don't handle loan players well, bar White, who had an available spot to fill.